Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    momofmany
    Participant

They are not from Oklahoma. They live in the same area as OnePissedOffMomma.

seth
    Participant

Most definitely.  Been a long week lol

JanJan
    Participant

I think there is a saying that actions with the best intentions don’t always result in a good thing, and this is the case.

I feel really bad for bringing up to Shelby’s attention on her FB page that one of her photos landed on the main page. I didn’t expect it to cause this much chaos to the point where OnePissedOffMomma wants to move out of her small town. I’m hoping that there are other reasons why she wants to move out and not just this one alone. I apologize to the webmaster that this one little action caused the boards to be out of control.

Posting the link on Shelby’s FB was a way to give her feedback on her photos. It was not my intention to be mean or vicious. I know that if one of my photos landed on the main page, I surely would want someone to tell me. Ever since I found out about this site, I’ve been very neurotic of doing a good job on my pictures that it will never land on the main page.

Her father responded to my posting and obviously, he took it personal. He thought it was a personal attack on him and his daughter, and explained to me that she loves photography, and it gets her out of the streets, out of doing drugs, etc. and basically said that who posted it was “just jealous”. In response, I complimented his daughter that it’s great she’s doing something she loves and she should continue at it, and complimented him on supporting it. I told him he was a great father. But I also told him that one should NOT take the site personally if their photography ends up on the website. I told him along the lines of “as a new photographer, if my picture ends up on that site, it tells me I need to improve.” But unfortunately, her family didn’t listen to reason and logic and chaos ensued.

YANAP was not wrong for posting her photo, because I’m sorry to say, it’s atrocious, along with her other work. I honestly don’t see anything visually appealing to her work, but I say that with no offense to her personally. I was hoping that it would bring her back into reality and show her that if she continues this path of photography, she will not be successful.

However, it didn’t help that when her and her family members went on this site, they saw people shit-talking about where they come from, how they talk, and the comments about subject in the photo. I know many of you found their responses to your critiques appalling and rude, but talking shit about their education level and constantly calling them rednecks and inbreeders on the forums was stooping to their level. You have to remember that regardless if I have brought it to their attention or not, they probably would have found out about it anyway!

I sincerely apologize to OnePissedOffMomma that this site and my action has brought any grief.

dont.care
    Participant

Don’t feel guilty.. You took action against an evil empire of trolling fauxtogs.. 😀

seth
    Participant

Though, having read through that whole thread earlier today, it seemed to me that they were the ones that started with the Southern Redneck Pride stuff.  The one guy even used the nickname “Redneck.”  So… sounds like he brought that one on himself.

momofmany
    Participant

Altarnold,

I don’t think OnePissedOffMomma would be mad at you. Hell, she was too nice to that crazy family and they were going nutso on her!

It sounds like that town is a shithole and it would be difficult for an outsider anyway.  I think that once the dust has settled and the authorities handle it, she will probably ease back in to her home there or something. I think any good lawyer would advise a client in her situation to do what is necessary to avoid encountering these people until formal action is taken.  I think it is wise for her to stay away for now.  The family has proven themselves to be highly volatile accusing different people. Like I mentioned on the main page, they were even accusing some person on Shelby’s Facebook “business” page because they didn’t want to pay $20 for a session right before they went after OnePissedOffMomma.  Then at one point they accused me and then BrownEyedGirl.  Tax evasion, harassment (threats) and endangering that family by posting the mother’s name and location will give that family plenty to occupy themselves.  I’m sure the authorities will discover that all of those posts were from the same ISP or at least the same trailer park where the family lives.

I would just advise OnePissedOffMomma to run like the wind if anyone compliments her teeth, hears the demand “squeal like a pig” or “dueling banjos” to run like the wind. :).   I also agree with Seth, they did start the weird Southern pride thing. I’m from the South as well, but I didn’t live in the back woods and didn’t pride myself on ignorance!

dstone81
    Participant

I don’t know why for some reason I thought they said they were from Oklahoma, but I see now it was Louisanna. Oops. But still, they were the ignorant ones acting the way that they did. I am proud to be from the South, but people like them give southerners a bad name. (And I come from a small farming community that is about 1/4th the size of where they are from. All that is in that town is 3 cotton gins, a convience store/hardware store, a gas station and a school. Oh and a church and post office.)

momofmany
    Participant

I think at one point the aunt or someone claimed to be from OK.

seth
    Participant

I’m just still laughing over

Hem!! excuse me, genius u don’t have to capitalize civil war because I’m not black ur not black and this isn’t 1861 anymore so hem yea just needed to get that out thank u

momofmany
    Participant

I never did understand how being black made a difference if you capitalized Civil War or not.

Also, part of me had secretly hoped the person he was talking to was black because I think he was merely assuming the person he was talking to was not black.

fstopper89
    Participant

I am almost wondering if that was one of the pseudonyms trying to make the other person look even dumber than they are (referring to the Civil War comment). If that was a serious comment, I really have no words! Though from my avatar you can kind of tell I’m not black, but whatever, I could post an avatar of a black woman and people wouldn’t really know. Whatever, funny anyway.

Yeah, they did kind of start the Southern pride stuff. Yes, I did ridicule their blatant disregard for any grammar skills because they were trying to argue with words, but it’s so hard to take someone seriously when you can hardly even read/understand what they’re trying to say. To me, it just makes their argument fall apart.

inspiredlove
    Participant

How did this girl get over 900 likes?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=342681555836264&set=a.342681472502939.70178.136042449833510&type=3&theater

I do photography for a hobby and I have just over 200.. but this girl, has over 900!!? I’m confused.

dont.care
    Participant

Like everything else, you can buy likes on facebook… There’s not much that you can’t buy really..

mynameisRachel
    Participant

Well you can’t buy talent, apparently.

Rizzo
    Participant

wow. i missed a metric fuckton of drama.

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.