Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    Concerned
    Participant

She has the worst time with focus.. and color.. and I am not sure what she uses to do “facial retouching”

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=342681555836264&set=a.342681472502939.70178.136042449833510&type=3&theater

And these are the best of the best she is showing off?

fstopper89
    Participant

The sad part is Shelby has posted on her page “I’m so excited, I hope that woman lets me shoot her wedding! I just love being behind the camera!” PLEASE, don’t let that girl shoot your wedding photos! That is not something you jump right into!

momofmany
    Participant

My favorite is “SUPER EXCITED!! I can not wait until this weekend! I love working with people, especially because of the fact that you never know what you are going to get! ♥”.

Yep, you never know what crap you are going to get if you hire her!

BTW, are you able to comment on that page or send a personal message (Not that you would want to, but I’m wondering if they have shit that down)

momofmany
    Participant

I mean shut that down…:)

dont.care
    Participant

BEG, you really threw yourself out there in this one.. Lol, I was impressed with how well you managed and endured relentlessly being assaulted by egomaniacal crazy rednecks! I love how they keep twisting the South with, “Redneckism”.. I’ve seen some rednecks up north that put these guys to shame.. Last I checked, being Southern is not about being a dumb ass redneck piece of shit that sits on the porch all day drinking beer, fucking chickens, and watching the bug-zapper while playing a banjo!

dont.care
    Participant

momofmany; I think people like her have to learn the hard way.. There will be a client that will hold her accountable for the photos she produces.. When such a time presents itself, she will be in a world of hurt. It takes NOTHING to pay a court clerk a filing fee and bring up civil litigation.. Photography is something that can NOT be readily reproduced once the “event” is over. A wedding is something that can KILL your career, instantly. If you don’t have insurance, plan on filing bankruptcy..

momofmany
    Participant

BEG, I agree with dont.care.

Dont.care how picture check to see if the picture makes it on google images?  I know this one did, but I was curious how you check.

I know I’ve over commented over on the main page. I’ve gotten riled up over the fact this woman lives in the same town as those crazy people, she has small children and she didn’t do anything to them!  They seem quite unstable and that’s scary!  I can’t help but notice that they completely shut up when I suggested apologizing!

momofmany
    Participant

Ugh!  That was supposed to say “how DO YOU check a picture”. This autocorrect feature is messed up!!!

dont.care
    Participant

Um, well Google indexes everything that doesn’t have a robot.txt.. Pretty much, once it’s hit Google images, it’ll be under the site name and category.. I searched Google Images for: “Youarenot sideways tracks”, and the first photography was the infamous Shelby Photography image..

Technically, you can plug an image into Google and it will find either THAT image or images somehow similar to it..

fstopper89
    Participant

I just right-click downloaded and saved the photo, then uploaded it in the Google images search bar (you have to click the little camera symbol first, and then “upload”). It’s a great tool to catch image stealers!

Yeah, the best way to prove we’re not like them is to remain composed and speak intelligently. They hate that and get all bent out of shape! I tried to refrain from name-calling though I think I called someone an “idiot.” Oh well. I got called cunt, idiot, shiteyedgirl, browneyedcow- all just for nothing really. The internet is such a great place. These people are all talk, but if faced with a conversation or argument in real life they’d have nothing. And if they’d try to go through with their threats of physical harm they’d be the ones in jail.

Also, no I was blocked from commenting on Shelby’s page. I can still see the photos. Shelby also blocked me from her personal page after sending a message.

On other notes, as far as offering unsolicited advice: Several months ago this girl Amie Elizabeth had been heavily advertising her “services” on the local buy/sell group. Her mother too was talking her up, saying she does great photography. She was one of the worst fauxtogs I’d ever seen, even with a wedding album captioned with “Sorry about all the blurry photos. In need of a better camera.” (Every photo was blurry and dark!) and her work was just atrocious. You may remember the photo of the little kid on the toilet, with her watermark on it. I sent her a message saying something to the effect of “The reason your photo was featured on this site is because it is not good photography. None of your work is technically sound. You even had an entire album of blurry photos, and I hope they didn’t pay you for it. You could improve. You just need to not charge people and take the time to do a lot of practice, take some classes, or do a lot of self-study.” She sent a message back mostly in caps, really pissed, saying my advice falls on deaf ears and she wasn’t going to read the whole message (but she clearly did) and that photography was her passion and I was just a mean bitch and blah blah blah. I sent one back saying well there is no hope for her I guess, but I don’t really care, I was just trying to help. A week or so later she revamped her page info and put “Amateur photographer with my photography as a hobby.THIS SITE IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY SITE.” Then this week she posted this: “Thanks to those throwing my name out there! If at any time anyone is inquiring about needing photos done, please let them know it’s free of charge! Until I can get make sure I know all about my new camera I want to make sure people know I won’t be charging them (just because I don’t know what I’m doing completely yet lol). And make sure they know I don’t have backdrops. I’m strictly outside photos right now. Thanks again guys!” Though her mom still continues to advertise for her, at least Amie got some sense knocked into her and is stepping back.

seth
    Participant

Somewhere I missed all the drama that was happening on the main page there.  I do find it interesting how a 15 year old is posting as southernmomma though…  just sayin’

Plus, I never really thought of Oklahoma as the south.  Isn’t that the Great Plains or Mid-West?  Guess they don’t teach geography in Oklahoma.

I think I might have some more commentary as I read through.  Very entertaining, perfect way to spend a Friday afternoon after skipping out on work early and hiding out until the night life.

seth
    Participant

I should also add that I love how Shelby apparently doesn’t care what other people think but can’t resist posting to tell everyone that plus about 5 other pages of needless “info.”  Honey, you care, or you wouldn’t have commented in the first place.

fstopper89
    Participant

Is “concerned” who is posting in this thread the same “concerned” who is standing up for Shelby on the main page? (And who said my photography is no better than Shelby’s… lol)

@Seth
    , are you in the US? Lol- guessing not because here it’s Thursday afternoon. I wish it were Friday though because I have off on Friday.

seth
    Participant

@Seth, are you in the US? Lol- guessing not because here it’s Thursday afternoon. I wish it were Friday though because I have off on Friday.

Yeah, I am in the US.  I might be drunk.  LOL

JLiu
    Participant

Well…it’s Friday Eve, so that counts, right?

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.