Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    ANBvictop82
    Participant
    ANBvictop82
    Participant
    cameraclicker
    Participant

It’s interesting that Blessedx2Photography does B&W conversion and selective colour but does not fix red eye.  “Just Married” written on the soles of her shoes was cute.

cass335
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldreamsphotography2011/photos_stream#!/photo.php?fbid=479196132101891&set=pb.264345433586963.-2207520000.1363991524&type=3&theater

Sad thing is, I actually like the bride’s pose in this one. If they would have shot just her (take out the bridesmaids), with some fill flash, it could have been a decent shot. What a wasted opportunity.

mamarizzo
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/groups/457102057654366/?fref=ts

it’s a whole big group of fail, fail, and more fail.

fstopper89
    Participant

“A Moment in Time” has to be near the top of my list of ridiculously bad fauxtogs. Cliche name, the fact that they didn’t know how to create an actual page on FB and made a group instead, lack of care to spelling/punctuation on everything, making a “like” contest to get fans, terrible graphic design/putting words in photos, fake background blur, and the obvious- horrific photography skills.

Thomas
    Participant

You lot are so mean, at least they’re trying…..Paaaahahahahaha. I can’t stand it anymore. I refuse to believe that people pay for work by these fauxtogs. I mean, come on, seriously? I nearly cried the other night when I went to a link on here and the person had double the amount of likes my page has. It’s not the “likes” that upset me, (I’m not a facebook freak) just the fact that they have a bigger audience than me and the work was utter hippo shit! I’m finally confident enough with my ability to try and make something more of it and there are point and shooters making money and leaving me in the dust. Of course the fauxtogs aren’t entirely to blame, why do normal people see some crappy work and think “oh yeah I’m gonna get me some of that, look how cheap they are honey!”. I swear photography will lose its value entirely at some point.

Thomas
    Participant

That “Big_Boy” thing on page 43:

Weddings start at $500 to cover the wedding and reception up to and including the cutting of the cake, tossing the garter and flower toss. All photos will be unedited on a disc. You chose 5 photos from the disc to be edited. You will be given a release to get them printed anywhere.

WHAT THE F!

Thomas
    Participant

Client : “BOLLOCKS!”

Tog : “What’s wrong?”

Client : “I’ve fucked my back up again!”

Tog : “PERFECT, hold that pose!”

http://www.bigboy-photography.com/s/cc_images/cache_3584121004.jpg

Stefany0219
    Participant

Ok, blessed photography with the hanging baby from the tree….this infuriates me.  The baby doesn’t look safe at all! It’s all fun and games to have some fun with these fauxtographers, but when they attempt these types of shots with babies, it’s worth bringing it to a whole other level.  I have heard of many professional photographers who have been shooting newborns for years who will not even attempt the hanging baby pose due to safety reasons.  Sigh.

cameraclicker
    Participant

TJH091085, that’s the power of marketing!  Sad as that may be.

Stefany0219, hanging a baby from a tree may be safe or not, depending on the tree, the baby, and the mechanism.  Photoshopping a baby into a bag hanging on a tree is perfectly safe for the baby.  The baby in the pink hammock is probably hanging from a swing set, or a really large tree limb since they were able to shoot it with the anchor knots together and spread out.  We don’t see the mechanism above the knots but what is shown looks strong and safe enough.

fstopper89
    Participant

The only time those hanging baby shots are safe is when it’s a composite. You can physically place the baby in the knitted hammock thing hanging from a tree, but the baby needs to be supported from the bottom as well as having the head supported in many cases due to a young baby’s lack of neck muscles. The photographer would take several shots including one of just the background and mask them all together. I’ve done the editing for those kinds of composites when I worked for a different photographer and when shot right it’s pretty easy. Unfortunately, many fauxtogs don’t even know that or don’t know how to do it and actually shoot that how it appears.

I’m personally not a huge fan of those totally unnatural newborn poses. While some may be cute, a newborn baby cannot sit with their back legs forward, and their chin propped up on their elbows. I think it looks so cheesy and is a trend that will pass. People do it because they can and it shows they have skills, and I’ve seen really really good professional photographers do it… but that doesn’t make it look natural. I prefer posing a baby snuggled up in blankets or wearing cute knit/crochet hats or lying in a basket or a crate.

Thomas
    Participant

@ cameraclicker

It is sad indeed. Also, I know this isn’t about how good people are at making websites but that sucks big time too! lol

@ browneyedgirl

Nice to finally be able to reply to you, long time fan, haha. I think I must have seen all of your posts here at YANAP.  :op

I totally agree with your lower paragraph. I’ve said this to people I work with and clients, “I don’t do cheesy poses like hanging babies in trees or stuffing them in flower vases or sweet (candy for you American and Canadian folk) jars. A baby is beautiful enough in its own skin, I’m sure you will agree”.  And I really have said that, I may actually have lost a paying customer due to that….ah well, at least I have my integrity, hahaha

youaintallthat
    Participant

Wildly popular in our area. I personally think she’s overpriced and grossly overrated. Something about those white backgrounds just screams “fauxtog” to me. Am I completely off base here or is she really that good?

https://www.facebook.com/morganlnoble

momtogpro
    Participant

Yes Morgan Noble is very overrated. IMO

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151245029989267&set=a.10150225193869267.336194.313304804266&type=1&theater

Kids eating Christmas lights, illegal animal use, blur, horrible posing and all.

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.