Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Some Self Portraits I took.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Well…  I copy and paste the text then type a bit of what I want to say.

Finally!

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

THANK YOU Cameraclicker

Carry on…

picarusslim
    Participant

um. dumb question…i can’t see where to add my avatar (i’m going to add one at a jaunty angle, with photoshopped lens flare..)

Rizzo
    Participant

Pica- click on your name on your post, it’ll take you to your profile.

fstopper89
    Participant

I agree with most of the posters on this forum. The images were powerfully sad, and though I have not personally experienced a miscarriage and have not been pregnant, I was able to for a second empathize and got teary-eyed. I can only imagine that pain and hope I never have to experience it.

But, considering photographic skill, they do not show what you are capable of as a portrait photographer. The compositions aren’t good, parts are cut off, lighting is pretty bad in many of them, white balance is way off,  they are overly soft, and too contrasty. Being self-portraits done with a remote, it is very difficult to get all those things just right when you’re not looking through the viewfinder. I can see how the graphic-ness of this could and would scare off potential clients, especially hormonal pregnant women and parents of little kids. It doesn’t fit with what you seem to be promoting as a business.

I can understand wanting to show this publicly, as with many people, it helps in the healing process. Could you have instead posted these on your personal FB or a personal blog?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.