Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    serenidade
    Participant

I can’t even elaborate comments on those photographers as I suck as much or worse than them 🙂

Ipshwitz
    Participant
    iliketag
    Participant

Is there anyone willing to contact that A.P.E. guy? I am honestly curious if he has any current work to show. All of his stuff is so outdated, I’m interested to see what he’s doing now. I would never book anyone without having current examples and I can’t seem to find anything on his site. I mean, even that blockbuster picture. That’s gotta be super early 2000’s at latest!

fstopper89
    Participant

“Fantastic is the word that comes to mind!”

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151018155832843&set=pb.237887587842.-2207520000.1368749702.&type=3&theater

Uh…no. Nice fake water ripples. I hope this couple hired a real photographer for their wedding because otherwise it was as good as ruined.

JanJan
    Participant

@iliketag…it seems like he spends more time marketing his services than updating his portfolio. He posted a very vague video on both YouTube and Vimeo back in 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auyVYDcz3dg

His Blockbuster “portrait” was hilarious!

seth
    Participant

I don’t think Cieara is a fauxtographer, and not just because you’ve all finally hit on one I (kinda) know lol.  We all make mistakes and she’s got some but largely I think she does very nice work.

seth
    Participant

Keep digging that local area though LOL

Thomas
    Participant

I came across this in the free ads (UK) just now and had to share it.   Check out the testimonial from Kelly, made me cringe!

Thomas
    Participant
    Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Thank you Thomas that just brightened my morning!

iliketag
    Participant

ha… ha ha ha… brightened your day… because the website is a neon assault on the eyes… awesome. 🙂

For real though. Awful! That site is not only ugly and looks like something built with Geocities in the 90’s, but none of the photos actually smoothed themselves out for me, so it’s like they were still compressed. “Portable Studio” = hanging a “backdrop” in front of a window apparently… why not a solid wall? Why on earth would you hang it in front of a window and have half of it backlit?!

Why do people fork over money for crap?
    I seriously do not understand, like with so many fauxtogs posted in this thread, why people think this is good.
    It’s one thing for a family friend or relative to do family photos or even something like senior pictures… but a modeling portfolio? If you were serious about it wouldn’t you want to hire someone with quality? You have to sell yourself with these shots and if they’re not good enough you’re basically shooting yourself in the foot.

Thomas
    Participant

@iliketag    I thought it was just me with those compression issues, god knows how they managed that. I whole heartedly agree with you about paying money for nothing!

seth
    Participant
    picarusslim
    Participant

My lord, that foliofotos site is straight out of the 90s. It’s awful from top to bottom and the photos are dog rough. The model feedback is clearly written by the same person. I think the photos may be stolen too, the ‘skill’ range is very different from photo to photo.

Thomas
    Participant

Found another one by the same person, it’s just as bad….possibly worse

http://www.intimate-fotos.co.uk/

UPDATE – And another….oh what is going on!

http://maternity-fotos.co.uk/

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.