Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    seth
    Participant

oh, geeze, that’s another one from the area around where I’m originally from.  Sheesh.  That’s bad.

Rizzo
    Participant

Seth, that’s where I’m from, though I moved a bit south a couple years ago. There’s even MORE fauxtogs down here than in St. Louis. :/ I could have my own thread dedicated to the MO fauxtogs I’ve come across.

dont.care
    Participant

Sweet Emotions Photography
    April 25 via mobile

Tonight will be my first raw photo shoot. Who has shot in raw before?

Like · · Share

2 people like this.

Stacey Montgomery Huh?
    Like · Reply · April 25 at 6:57pm via mobile

Sweet Emotions Photography It is a setting on cameras. It is kinda like taking a naked picture then adding to it to make the colors pop
    Like · Reply · April 25 at 7:05pm

Stacey Montgomery Oh cool
    Like · Reply · April 25 at 7:20pm via mobile

Becky Wells Garrett Hey, still waiting on a good day to get Nathan’s senior pics finished up. Every good day…he’s got a track meet. What a mess.
    Like · Reply · Friday at 8:32am

Sweet Emotions Photography Ya I was waiting for the leafs to pop out. I can’t believe this weather
    Like · Reply · 1 · Friday at 8:34am via mobile

Becky Wells Garrett Pure craziness.
    Like · Reply · Friday at 8:35am

Sweet Emotions Photography Yes I can’t believe I have to say that we will have to wait for may. Lol
    Like · Reply · 1 · Friday at 8:36am via mobile

LOL

dont.care
    Participant

..If you don’t shoot raw, you are definitely: NOT A PHOTOGRAPHER..

dont.care
    Participant

She been waitin’ fo da leafs to pop out.. “Weather”.. I don’t recall when weather has stopped me from shooting photos.. Some of the most dramatic photos I’ve ever seen done have been at night, in the rain, with strobes.. Those photos are sexy as hell.

dont.care
    Participant
    momofmany
    Participant
    fstopper89
    Participant

Sweet Emotions’ definition of RAW is equally hilarious. Seriously she has no idea what she is doing. You know what’s funny? Her profile picture on here, that of the bride on the fakey bluish background with power lines, was posted for critique on a Facebook photography group. Sadly several people commented that it was a wonderful photo. I was looking at it and like “wait, am I missing something?” That FB group has members with varying skill levels though and sadly as well many who are claiming to be professionals in business are asking questions on how to do the simplest things like cloning out the pole in the background etc.

I want to show some fauxtography but really can’t for this girl. I’ve known her for years, since she was a kid, and she’s a very nice girl. However she got a Rebel a few years ago (an older model) and less than 2 years ago decided she was a photographer and started advertising and made a FB page. She started herself out by taking her brother’s senior pics. She had a couple that were decent or had potential, but most were pretty bad. Then she started posting other work she did with clients and she has not improved… in fact, her work now looks worse than some of her earlier work because she’s doing some really weird editing techniques like over-sharpening and over-saturating. She did a wedding last year and it was pretty terrible. She did a wedding in January and it was pretty terrible. She emailed me a month ago desperately asking me to shoot a wedding that was last week because it was a girl she knew and her photographer cancelled on her with less than a month notice, and she (fauxtog) couldn’t shoot the wedding because she already had one scheduled to shoot that day. I told her I could not because I would need much more notice than that to get contracts and payment in order and my schedule would not have allowed (was working that weekend). I felt bad, but for one, if her scheduled photog cancelled within a few weeks of the wedding date you can bet it was some cheap fauxtog and I am not about to shoot a wedding for $200 or whatever. It sucks, it really does.

On that note, a girl I work with contacted me a few weeks ago asking if I could shoot her friend’s wedding in June because her photographer cancelled too and they were desperate. I asked what her budget was and she said $400. I told her I was sorry but I just can’t shoot a full-day wedding for that. I felt guilty for saying that, though I felt less guilty when the date she told me was a date I already have something going on so can’t anyway.

fstopper89
    Participant

YIKES @momofmany! She can’t even figure out how to rotate a photo much less take a real photo. Sad sad sad.

And anyone who posts a backwards smiley emoticon with no space after the word like this(: on their “professional” business page, I WILL NOT TAKE SERIOUSLY, ever. That’s the ultimate cutesy-ditzy-annoying-teenage-girl thing.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=158996587594283&set=a.158916774268931.1073741829.156457164514892&type=3&theater

^ This one. Personally, at that age I wouldn’t feel it appropriate to post a photo where a toddler girl’s nipple is showing. Yes they’re little kids yet, but it’s borderline inappropriate. If the parents want a photo like that it’s one thing but not for the internet. There are too many creeps out there.

seth
    Participant

Eesh, Shelby’s bad.

And this…

“Eyes like a shutter,
    mind like a lense..♥”

What the heck does that even mean?  Anyone know what a “lense” is???

If your eyes are the shutter, then your glasses are the lens and the mind is the sensor and internal workings of the camera.  hahahaha

$400 wedding…  ugh…  that translates to, what, $5 an hour?  Maybe you can make it up in tips?  😛

dont.care
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=158996587594283&set=a.158916774268931.1073741829.156457164514892&type=3&theater

Haha, “Sooo beautiful”; chromatic aberration, color fringing, focus issue, white balance issue, scene issue, lighting issues, set issues, photographer issues, client issues

i miss anything?

seth
    Participant

You know what, I don’t think that is nipple on the little girl, looks like a birthmark or a sore or something but the photo is completely horrible for sure.

I also have to LOL at the whole RAW thing.  Yes, discovering RAW is like OMG WHY DIDN’T I KNOW THIS BEFORE, we’ve all been there, but to act like it’s magic when you clearly don’t even understand it…    It’s not the camera genie.

JLiu
    Participant

Naked pictures are the best…but you have to have to right lense or else it won’t work, duh.

dont.care
    Participant

so a fully clothed photo is a jpeg?

fstopper89
    Participant

Shelby has so many compliments on her page and her photos. Not sure how that works. Maybe the water in her town causes people to get cataracts or something. She is only 15, and clearly doesn’t know how to run a business. She has time to get training but has chosen not to.

That first RAW shoot will probably cause a lot of grief for her since I doubt she has any software that will allow her to view or edit the photos.

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.