Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    Mend
    Participant

sweetemotions……i think some of your pictures could been ok pictures…but your editing is horrid. i would hate to receive pictures with the way you edit. sorry if i’m being too blunt, but none of your editing styles make sense in making a picture look “good”

creyes8519
    Participant

Oh boy, sweetemotions…. you are probably the definition of “You are not a photographer”.  I feel bad for your clients.  Especially the wedding clients as those photos are supposed to be important memories of their special day that can never be recreated.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=561260747229642&set=pb.471369699552081.-2207520000.1366771856.&type=3&theater

WHAT THE HELL???!!  Did you paste them into a setting or… what happened here?  Wedding photos done by fauxtographers make me pissed off the most.  If it was just a simple family shoot, whatever… the families will laugh about it later and find a better photographer.  With weddings, the bride and groom just can’t do another wedding to get better pictures..

I don’t like to hurt people’s feelings but honestly I think for the sake of your reputation I think you should stop what you are doing and LEARN about photography.

seth
    Participant

bwahahahahaha, don’t you just love it?  Whenever someone’s so hurt and offended that their photography was pointed out, they have to try to insinuate that none of us have lives outside of the computer… as if that really hurts our feelings.  Does it really look like anyone is here commenting constantly?  Uh, no, try again.

Also, no one has to “like” your page in order to see it.  I can see it all just fine.

Honey, really, if you’ve learned a lot since then, delete the stuff that’s crap, it’s not doing anything for your portfolio except hurting it.

fstopper89
    Participant

Sweet Emotions… we all have lives and jobs (many of us have professional photography as our job or one of our jobs.) We find these fauxtogs mainly by seeing things pop up in our Facebook feeds or tickers. I myself tend to click on photographer’s page links when I see them because I am a photographer and like seeing other photography. Unfortunately sometimes I see fauxtography. We don’t sit at our computers for hours searching for bad photography.

Come on, this is supposed to be professional work??

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=559346214087762&set=a.481446001877784.113375.471369699552081&type=1&theater

It is out-of-focus, and then you chopped off the background and added a gray gradient. Who really would pay for that?

You had a photo of a bride in front of a window that had potential, but then you did some kind of liquify treatment making the window look like it was tripping on acid and then faded the colors to black and white, making (as one commenter put it) her arm look dead. You use all these fake backgrounds and cut the people out and paste them on them. Why can’t you just go outside and take the picture in a real location? Back away from the photoshop until you can handle photography!

Will
    Participant

Seth-

Good point.  I am doing “OK” right now but my work 3-4 years ago was YANAP worthy.  I deleted those images…

fstopper89
    Participant

This fauxtog was featured/called out on a site that exposed photography theft. I looked up her page and instantly, boom, here’s how I know she’s a fauxtog (well, besides the craptastic photos)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=237207706419380&set=a.134620250011460.29673.134087316731420&type=1&theater

She’s shooting in Jpeg at high compression, as shown on her camera screen.

And then from a link on her page, I found another one! This guy does fake blurred background. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=296435260382074&set=a.296433960382204.94828.296388510386749&type=1&theater

mynameisRachel
    Participant

Aw man, looks like the same entry-level DSLR I have… It’s really not a bad camera though, meaning, it almost takes talent to be that bad (it’s #11 of Canon cameras on Flickr if that means anything).

fstopper89
    Participant

Remember, it doesn’t always matter what camera you have, it’s how you use it, and what lens and settings you use. I don’t know who’d shoot professional photos on the highest level of compression in Jpeg! I mean, some beginners shoot in Jpeg before they jump into RAW, but I’d assume they would at least be using the lowest file compression (“fine”) setting.

mynameisRachel
    Participant

Yeah, I haven’t gone into using RAW yet… I need to wait until I have the right software or there’s no point. And the way I see it, I still have years to improve and get a job so I can actually afford things, so I’m pretty optimist for the future 🙂

fstopper89
    Participant

Rachel, buy Lightroom… if you know someone in college or are yourself, it costs like $80 some with the student discount. That will allow you to download and edit RAW files… so worth it! Even if you don’t have Photoshop, you can use Lightroom alone (though I prefer to use both). Once you go RAW you won’t go back!

Ugh, sorry but I can’t take my eyes off Captured Moments. It’s just a train wreck.

I was trying to scroll down to find the stolen image from October but her page is just FULL of shared images from other photogs and fauxtogs for her “likes ladder” games she does like every week. She has over 1,000 fans only because she begs for likes and does the “I’ll like you if you like me” think with every photog she comes across.

This is a post from her page:

“Pics will be up tonight for thes on on fb
    Bodeour shoots will be mailed to ÿöù ladies who’ve already had your shoot!!!! Btw looks awesome everyone!!!”

^ Bodeur???

She also said she had done 243 sessions in 2012. She’s a mom of 7 and a military wife. It’s clear she didn’t put any time or real effort into any of those shoots… yet she’s probably making a living off of it by charging $25 or something per shoot and handing over a disk.

She constantly posts those pictures like “This is what a real photographer does!” and “Things not to say to your professional photographer” etc. to try to make herself look awesome.

seth
    Participant

Gag.

cameraclicker
    Participant

Rachel, if you purchased a Canon you already have the software you need.  It is called Digital Photo Professional, or DPP, and it is on the CD that was in the box.  Some professionals claim to use it instead of Adobe products because it was written by Canon who should know more about the files the camera makes than anyone else.  I use is on my notebook because it has a small (relatively) drive so it only has the Canon software and Photoshop Elements 8 on it.  On my bigger desktop machines I use Photoshop.  I don’t get along with Lightroom and thus don’t use it.  I just use the Canon ZoomBrowser EX but Photo Mechanic make an excellent browser, which I would use instead of Lightroom if I were purchasing one.

CelticPhotog
    Participant

Here’s one, a few weeks ago she was asking a friend and I who are both photographers (and have been for years, but not always charging) about what camera to buy for her first one because she wanted to start a business, I don’t remember what her sugar daddy bought her, here is her first wedding shoot….

62683_283352415132763_197735330_n.jpg

521791_283352478466090_1299628095_n.jpg

521804_283352225132782_497684965_n.jpg

seth
    Participant

As my uncle used to say…  Oh heavens to Betsy!!!

Rizzo
    Participant

a new one has popped up (ironically, i almost typed “pooped up”) and i had an awkward moment where i thought the “before” was the “after”…

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=471941582871529&set=a.471941542871533.1073741825.252598994805790&type=1

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.