Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    seth
    Participant

Wow they are dumb.  I also tend to just gloss over what anyone says when they write “lense.”

I love how he says look how the orb is in focus, ROFL.

fstopper89
    Participant

I agree with the “lense” thing. A photographer who spells their own equipment wrong doesn’t seem like a photographer to me. I’ve seen people spell Canon like “cannon” several times (as in, not a typo!) and their credibility goes wayyyyy down. Yeah it’s not in focus either. Are those people blind? It’s obviously some metallic object reflecting the sun. And they didn’t expose the face well either. The “advertisement” photo on their page looks like something from tourist-town 1995 and their faces are orange. Bleh!

fstopper89
    Participant
    dont.care
    Participant

You guys are missing the most ostentatiously presented piece of marketing mastery ever!

About

Professional Photography Services on The Grand Strand Myrtle Beach SC

Description
    Photos By Tuck …… an honest to goodness Photographer……. We shoot anything and everything……. There is no event to big or to small….. Our goal is to provide Top Quality Professional Photography at Realistic and Reasonable rates …… Everyone should be able to afford beautiful photographic memories….
    General Information
    Professional Photography Services
    Myrtle Beach South Carolina

WE MAKE SPECIAL HAPPEN !

Ken Tucker has been dong photography for twenty years. He learned his trade in the

Fire Service. Lisa Tucker has been working as assistant and photographer for nearly as long.

Lisa received her training from a nationally recognized photography studio and has continued to hone her skills since then. They both enjoy the photography, and feel the need to have fun while shooting. This translates into timeless portraits and candids, as well as beautiful photography. Together they create an unbeatable team, producing one of a kind photography, with professionalism that is unmatched.

Their first studio was opened in September 2005, in a small West Virginia town near Charleston. Photos By Tuck relocated from West Virginia in 2008 setting up shop in Myrtle Beach South Carolina. They have been a reliable, professional resource for families and business alike since those early days.

They are available for Commercial work Such as Product Photography, Modeling Portfolios, Business portraits and Architectural photography. They also excel with Family Portraits, Beach Shots, Holiday photos, and New Born Infant photography. They welcome the challenges of doing weddings as well. No wedding is too small, no wedding to large.

cameraclicker
    Participant

Photos by Tuck has been operating for 20 years!?!  And they put up a wedding photo like this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151310717681732&set=a.10151310717266732.465213.104019176731&type=1&theater!!!

Oh, I went back and read it again:  “Ken Tucker has been dong photography for twenty years.”  They only opened their first studio 8 years ago, in 2005!  Still, lots of sympathy for that bride.

The folks who are speculating on the orb are not photographers.  It could be a ghost.  There are at least 3 of them in the photo.  I think it is a conspiracy perpetrated by that group Physics!  Yeah, that’s it!  Let’s blame Physics!

OK, I’m not that good at humour.  I’ll stick to my day job.

fstopper89
    Participant

For some Reason photos By Tuck can’t Seem to Correctly capitalize words Either. LOL.

Here I commented on the orb situation:

That’s not an orb in those photos, it’s bokeh… object in the background that isn’t quite in focus and is reflecting or producing light. Quite possibly something metallic that the bright sun was shining on. Definitely not a water drop on the lens either.

Photos By Tuck thanks for the info I just have to believe it is a an orb , probably one of my friends that have followed me for years , I too thought it was an object across the water in the other photos however it isnt there

Me:  Quite possible the object moved, blew away, or the sun stopped hitting it at just the right angle to produce the same reflection. Now I’m not a non-believer of spirits and stuff, but trust me, that’s just bokeh.

Photos By Tuck Ok let’s just agree to disagree on this one, I have been a professional photographer for years , i just simply like to think of it as one of my friends following me around

—————

Ok then, I guess we should just take your professional opinion, because you can defeat the laws of physics?

Sorry but these people are a joke. I don’t know who would pay for them to photograph anything.

seth
    Participant

“Ok let’s just agree to disagree on this one, I have been a professional photographer for years , i just simply like to think of it as one of my friends following me around.”
    And I simply like to think Carrie Underwood is in love with me.

simoncookerussell
    Participant

She can’t be in love with because she is married to me.

seth
    Participant

Ah, but I simply like to think so, therefore it is true.

cameraclicker
    Participant

Perhaps Tuck’s sense of humour is just as lame as mine?  Otherwise, the notion of someone shooting for 20 years and running a studio for 8, but not understanding bokeh is just sad.

Then again, this photo (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151276781836732&set=a.10151276781431732.462094.104019176731&type=1&theater) has a leaning flag pole and several dark orbs.  Perhaps the bright ones are his friends following him around and the dark ones are past creditors following him?  Or they could just be sensor dirt.

Photos by Tuck is a strong argument that “professional” and “good” are not synonyms.

JLiu
    Participant

Those lens…er…I mean lense spots are in a perfect semi-circle.  Kinda odd.  Bad sensor cleaning job?

In any case, it’s definitely dong photography.

dont.care
    Participant

So, I win award for finding fauxtog of this decade ? Tuck was just someone else advertising on my local Craigslist. This is why I say ‘professional’, is a malignant term when used in conjunction with photography. Too many folks using it that don’t exactly meet the standards of what a professional really is or should be.

fstopper89
    Participant

Lol, last night Tuck added me as a “contact” on my Flickr page! He must have snooped through the available info on my FB profile (it’s not public, but I think just some of my info section is and my Flickr is linked there) anyway, (totally not trying to sound haughty) but maybe he’ll learn something by looking at my photos, because I think I do a decent job at photography, though he might think there are lots of orbs in my photos with bokeh like this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roxanne_elise_photography/8220470388/in/photostream

He doesn’t have much on his Flickr page, but has a handful of morbid vehicle accident photos, some old film ones including a truck accident that was a fatality. Kinda weird to post photos like that on Flickr, but whatever. Apparently he is or was a firefighter. His model photos on Flickr are just downright bad.

He’s obviously just doing photography as a side-business, professional/registered/etc. or not, it’s not quality work.

Stefany0219
    Participant

Found this little gem today.  I love the comment in this picture!  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=455456347846158&set=a.455450401180086.103905.437414359650357&type=3&theater

dstone81
    Participant

Some people called me morbid because I take photos of old cemetaries, but the again I find them facinating and like learning about the history of the people buried in those old cemetaries. Most of them are from the 1600-1700’s. However I would never take and post photos of car accidents. Especially fatal ones.

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.