Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    seth
    Participant

it’s gone!  What a douche!

Gerbles
    Participant

@faux-fighters- It just makes me incredibly irritated that she is taking money from people in exchange for that trash. But, chances are fauxs like her will only be in business for a year or two before it eventually peters out. It’s obvious people like this aren’t in it for the long haul and have no real love for photography, or else they would have more skill and experience before they start charging. They go straight into it purely to make money and have no intention of reading books, looking at other photographers’ work, taking classes, etc. This is what I have to tell myself whenever I start getting frustrated that people like this are earning money, when I have never earned a dime from my work. (not that I’m in business, either).

On a lighter note, I don’t think I could possibly get my P&S to take as many blurry photos (especially with flash) as these people do. That in itself is a talent, as far as I’m concerned.

FauxFighters
    Participant

Totally agree Gerbles.  As I have stated earlier in this thread, I love seeing people interested in photography and showing off their work.  I do it on my personal page, as I make no attempt to advertise my business on the side or have a separate page to facilitate that.  But you are right, it amazes me how many people get a camera and start shooting and think they can just start charging for crap.  Great, she learned a few techniques on Photoshop and Lightroom (most of them are bad).  But even if you are working with great software, you can’t turn a terrible photo into a great photo.  It can fix small problems and enhance a good photo already and bring it up to the next level.  But if you are working with blurry, grainy, horribly composed shots already, it is not going to help.  If you polish a turd, it’s still just a turd.  She needs to refocus on learning how to use the camera instead of “fancy” ads and more props.  Maybe take it out of Auto mode for starters.  When she gets that “Cannon” camera, maybe she can buy a book on how to use it.  That would be a HUGE start for her.  And like you said Gerbles, I have digitized my whole families photography into one gigantic photo library.  Scanned photos, negatives, whatever.  Even when I was shooting with my little 1.2MP Kodak DC240 P&S 13 years ago, I got shots that were in focus, properly exposed, and of decent quality.  They certainly don’t compare favorably to my current stuff with nice glass and a D7000, but I would likely still take them over the photos by Cathleen.

wtf
    Participant

I like the entry where Cathleen got an offer for a partnership. Hopefully the partner makes her a “silent partner”. Yes it is quite a train wreck of a page.

fstopper89
    Participant

I totally agree, I have no clue how they end up with so many blurry photos from a point-and-shoot, even when I’ve tried to do that I could not. Actually, just a few minutes ago I was taking some pics of items I’m selling to put online and I accidentally pressed the shutter button on my Elph as I was rearranging the item on the blanket to take a picture of and it took the photo and yes, that one was pretty blurry. But for cripe’s sakes I’ve taken countless photos on nights out with my friends with my point-and-shoot cameras and only once in awhile does something turn out blurry. Even my slightly-intoxicated-night-at-a-bar-holding-camera-with-one-hand pictures are sharp, lol!

Yeah that guy who stole the photos had to get in one last nasty message and then blocked me. OOOh, congratulations to him I guess, he got the last word and yet still takes crappy pictures and violates copyright so who cares.

dont.care
    Participant

Roxie Abler Shooting people with a cannon sounds highly illegal. | +5000 LOL, win.
    3 hours ago · Like

FauxFighters
    Participant

^Haha I wonder who that could be!  Looks like Bri is getting in on it too.  Nice!

dont.care
    Participant

dont.care
    Participant

zackfish1983
    Participant

I was shopping around for a photographer in my area and found this Gallery Saint Louis

I kind of feel like a jerky douchebag posting this, but obviously not enough because I created an account just to post it LOL. I know zero about photography but was floored by this mess!

chia_pet9731
    Participant

http://imgur.com/a/g31Ol   I’m not sure who the photographer is for this photoshoot . . . . but its pretty awesome LOL

dont.care
    Participant

dont.care
    Participant

jelyman
    Participant

I joined just so I could say this:

My brain is ruined. I will go burn it, now.

dont.care
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.