Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1,906 through 1,920 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    cameraclicker
    Participant

Sadly, the one on either side of that is just as good.

foxtog
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/foxtogs   – please submit your favorites here too!!  we want to gasp.

fstopper89
    Participant

If I really wanted to keep my identity a secret I could. But by linking my Flickr images here I usually do so to help others out. Either way, I’m proud of my work and don’t have anything to hide really. I haven’t made up any slander. I just tell it like it is. If I think a photo is a fauxto I say why!

fstopper89
    Participant

Also, I noticed Erin’s cover photo was oddly familiar. She ripped it off of Google images. I know this because a few years ago in college our digital software professor had a few random photos she got off Google that  she had us use for various practicing applications and that was one of them.

Erin appears to be using a point-and-shoot. Nothing interesting about her shots.

Ugh, why didn’t she tell her model/friend that she needs a better-fitting swimsuit? Underboob in photos isn’t good, is it? I think she needs one of those super-supportive Victoria’s Secret underwire swimsuits. (PS I’m so glad I’m small on top, this has got to cause back issues!)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=554624514567904&set=a.314124398617918.77690.152712344759125&type=1&theater

KatarinaLOL
    Participant

OH MY GOD.  WHY DO YOU FUCKING CARE WHAT A BUNCH OF RANDOM PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET THINK ABOUT YOU?!  Seriously?  WHY?  You don’t know us, we don’t know you, we don’t give a fuck about you or your shitty fauxtography.  You seriously need to just stop.  You’re making yourself look EXTREMELY bad.  If a real client were to ever google your or your photography name they’d run for the hills because of this thread!  You should probably delete all your posts here & change your photography name.

foxtog
    Participant
    Bill
    Participant

@BEG – I understand 100%.

I have no problem showing my work to anyone if they want to see it.  I’m not the best photographer out there and I never claim to be, but I think I do pretty good or at the least okay.  Sure, I have made mistakes during my time, but I don’t keep repeating the mistake hoping for different results.

From what I can see, I think she is at least shooting with a Nikon D3100 with a 18-55mm kit lens, but not sure if she is using that all the time, as the EXIF info is striped from the images in FB.

Bill
    Participant

@Foxtog – not sure what she was thinking there, but hey at least they are in focus and sharp, I’ll give her that.

From what I saw from her photos, she is not too much a “Faux”, she has a lot of technical issues that she may need to address but overall, I would not throw her into the Faux column.

Her lighting is too harsh in some, colors are all over the place and the poses are kind of generic, but there are some there that are pretty nice considering.  I think.  I looked at her actual web page, there are several photos that she needed to step away from but then some that aren’t half bad.  Again, nothing really standing out, but okay.

Maybe I am being too nice, but I think she isn’t too bad, but tell me what you think, or have I been up too long today?

fstopper89
    Participant

Borderline Faux for Kim. I am seeing a large amount not in focus and a larger amount that seem to have been shot with popup flash. A few were quite nice. She also could have used a shallower depth of field on a lot of her portraits where she didn’t. Her exposure isn’t terrible though. I definitely would not hire her though. It looks like she is the type who would improve though.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=624951660859395&set=a.624944474193447.1073741912.191474654207100&type=1&theater

Idontcare1991
    Participant

1. Don’t have to Change my Name again!

2. I don’t know you & you all don’t know me yes.

3. I don’t have to wore about you all anymore.

4. I am still just doing my thing.

5. God Bless. & Have a nice life.

Justine

nesgran
    Participant

Ugh, why didn’t she tell her model/friend that she needs a better-fitting swimsuit? Underboob in photos isn’t good, is it? I think she needs one of those super-supportive Victoria’s Secret underwire swimsuits. (PS I’m so glad I’m small on top, this has got to cause back issues!)

Looking at it I think her right is at least one cup sizes bigger if not two than left and the top at least one size too small anyway making the problem even worse

Bill
    Participant

@BEG – Normally as a heterosexual male I would say,more boob is good, but not when it’s being strangled by an ill-fitting bathing suit.

Dakota0520
    Participant

Here is your “TARP” http://www.backdropsandfloors.com/WHP-1023_p_3757.html

You people have nothing else better to do obviously. Few things here…I never use a POP UP FLASH. You have no idea what peoples skins tones look like in person.  Do I have room to improve? Yes I always have room to improve. Every photographer does.

I normally would never even comment about something like this but it is hurtful and disrespectful.

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Your subjects are way to close to that background. You need a wide-ish aperture and about 2 meters for it to fall out of focus and thus hide the texture. This will also stop the shadows that you appear to have trouble with and stop the shots looking like they are taken in a passport booth.

Hope that helps you improve!

Ps. if you read back a few pages you’ll soon see why it’s often best to just bight your lip.

Dakota0520
    Participant

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1,906 through 1,920 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.