Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1,786 through 1,800 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    Cookieboo28
    Participant
    Cookieboo28
    Participant

Snaphappy photos.

snaphappy
    Participant

hahaaa that is NOT me. Nice try though. 🙂

ArizonaGuy
    Participant

These last few pages have been absolutely entertaining! So much butt devastation.

snaphappy
    Participant

Here is a clue: My YANAP name is snaphappy. My actual business name is not something cheesy, like Snapphappy or Monkeying Around Sweet Photography.

Cookieboo28
    Participant
    snaphappy
    Participant

Still nothing about me. Saaaadd.

ArizonaGuy
    Participant

Cookieboo, can we see some of your photography?

Sparkplug
    Participant

OMG!! Look at  this

Surf Boy

seth
    Participant

hahaha, nope! Don’t bother that person because that is not me, not even close! You don’t even know if Seth is my first name, middle name, last name, or fake name. You’ll never find me in a million years.

seth
    Participant

I am laughing so hard. You have me living on the other side of the world when I’m really only about 7 hours from you.

And God does judge people, fyi. That’s kind of the point. People try to use the Bible to yell don’t judge me! But it really says don’t judge in areas where you yourself have a problem.

Sharra
    Participant

Cookieboo, these attempts to “find” people are utterly pathetic. As was said, you should try improving yourself rather than wasting time trashing others that you have no idea who or where they are, me included. I can actually hear you saying, “I am wee Todd did. I am sofa king wee Todd did.”

alexandra
    Participant

Yay! Free shout-outs from Monkey Butt / Cookieboo
    Congratulations on figuring out how to use page insights or what not. Now, all you need to do is figure out how to improve your photography skills, business etiquette, spelling and grammar, and your willingness to learn.
    I would have commented this on your page, but in response to your multiple requests to not post anything “mean” (aka a critique, or the truth), I will spare your “fans” from publicly viewing my “negative opinion”
    Also, you should have linked to our work and personal profiles there too, so those fans of yours could get a better insight on how photos taken by photographers and photo enthusiasts are supposed to look.
    Yes, I visit your page daily as it is always a good source of entertainment. The only way to stop us from visiting your page is if you learn to spell and express your ideas in a coherent manner, learn to take photos, and reduce your posts to your best work only. Then, submit that work to different online forums, and have people critique it, so you know what to improve. Don’t charge anyone for your services until you feel like you know exactly what you’re doing, and you receive mostly positive feedback from strangers (friends and family don’t count).
    You seem to have a pretty good idea of who we are, so if you need any help distinguishing a good photo from a bad one, I’m sure a lot of us wouldn’t mind if you messaged us with any questions. Until then, I guarantee you will have traffic coming to your page from the readers of this forum.

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Can we please have a few posts that don’t sound like the ramblings of an inbred meth addict

Well said JustAndy

GOD KNOW WHERE YOU ALL WHAT YOU DO. GOD KNOW EVERYTHING. GOD KNOW, GOD

You really don’t get it do you! Every time you make a post, you just show the world how stupid you are.

fstopper89
    Participant

Monkey Butt/Justine/Marissa/Lawyer Bill found me because I commented on her page that she in fact was stealing photos. Then she deleted my comment.

Justine, no matter how many times you write on your page “Im not stealing photo’s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” you still are stealing photos. Whether or not they are high-quality professional photos, it’s still stealing and laying some kind of claim to them. You have multiple images listed as “by Walmart” and some as “By ????” meaning someone took the photo, you downloaded it, you put some frames/clipart/doodles/your watermark on them, and uploaded them to your page. It’s wrong, and copyright infringement. No self-respecting or law-abiding photographer would use anyone else’s work to promote their own.

By the way, “Marissa,” I know you love your new job taking all those session bookings at Monkeying Around, but I don’t think Justine is paying you considering she made a gofundme website asking for personal monetary donations just to make her ends meet.

And, by the way, watching your page or commenting on images, and voicing our opinion on a forum like this, are not illegal or slander/libel. You posting our names on your “business” page is closer to that than anything we’ve done.

I agree with Alexandra. If you actually put this much effort into learning how to do photography, you could maybe become good. Right now you’re spending all your time online trying to promote your page via multiple outlets, having multiple accounts on Facebook, running a cutest kid contest to win a stuffed monkey, etc. when you could be spending that time on photography forums/groups or researching photography vocabulary and technique. I mean you clearly don’t even know the basics! You’re not shooting with an iPhone. An iPhone surpasses the quality of many point-and-shoot cameras. You either have a cheap point-and-shoot, or a really basic camera phone. Most of your photos say “mobile upload” anyway, which does mean it was from a cell phone. Some have date stamps, which mean it came from a point-and-shoot.

We’re not idiots here. Most of us are either full-time professional photographers, part-time professional photographers, amateurs working toward becoming professionals, hobbyists, or just enthusiasts who enjoy good photography.

And, most of us wouldn’t mind offering advice if you are actually interested in becoming a real photographer. I’ve reached out to a handful of fauxtographers and a few have been receptive to advice. Some are bucky like you and by keeping that attitude they’ll never improve. They’ll crash and burn in a few months. It will happen to you. I’m always improving my skills. I learn something new every day on the photography groups and forums I participate in. There’s no reason you can’t do the same. For starters you need to ditch your FB page completely, and start working on individual photo challenges. Even if you have a point-and-shoot, you can practice simple things like composition, perspective, and getting human subjects engaged. You’re limited to the technical aspects until you can pick up a real camera and lens. You could seriously get an older Canon Rebel with a kit lens used on eBay or craigslist for just around $200-$300 I bet. Then you can start looking up how to shoot in manual mode. Sign up for a free Flickr photo sharing account and start posting only your best shots for your challenges on there and ask other photographers for a critique. Most are really good about telling you exactly what is wrong with a photo and what you can do to fix it. My first photo critique that I can remember was when I was entering projects in the county fair at age 12. I had a really lame photo, and the judge told me what I should do differently. Yes, it hurt my little 12-year-old self that my photo was perfect, but in just a few years from then I had improved a lot!

There’s my attempt at advice. It’ll probably fall on deaf ears anyway. But that’s what you need to do Justine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,786 through 1,800 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.