Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum Fauxtographer running rampant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    isnwm
    Participant

This is a fauxtog out of Tomball, Tx, a suburb of Houston. She finally deleted her horrible excuse of boudoir off of there. (Girl topless in a dirty pool with leaves  all around her. And a wrinkled black sheet as a backdrop with a girl laying half naked with starbursts candy thrown all over her & around her.) She shoots a D5000 and nothing but kit lenses. Prior to that she was shooting a nikon point & shoot and charging people for it. She must edit all of her stuff on Instagram. Her posing is horrible & un natural. The first link below is her personal photography page, the 2nd link is a wedding photography page. Her & another fauxtographer “teamed up” to create a HORRIBLE dynamic duo, destroying all weddings one at a time.  ENJOY !!

http://www.facebook.com/MeganEggenbergPhotography?ref=ts&fref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Two-Girls-One-Love-Photography/395641840499969?ref=ts&fref=ts

nairbynairb
    Participant

That first link won’t work.
    The second one is horrid!

Gerbles
    Participant

Here she is in action! Why the F would you post that on your page?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151029046226846&set=pb.183457561845.-2207520000.1360423665&type=3&theater

And why would you want the name of your business to have a connotation with “two girls, one cup”? I guess these are questions we mortals should not try to answer 😛

isnwm
    Participant

I truly feel sorry for the woman who just booked a Wedding with her. Why ?! How in the hell could you look at that “two girls one love” photography page and think “wow, that looks great. I want those same $hitty pictures taken of my wedding.”

Here’s another “great” one. Apparently the concept of fill flash eludes her.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151218531661846&set=a.10151218530936846.440188.183457561845&type=1&theater

fstopper89
    Participant

Oh my gosh, horrible! She has no idea how to pose people properly not to mention her lack of any skill or editing knowledge..

Like this. Terrible pose, and if there were no ruffles you’d see the bride’s underwear. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=395900660474087&set=pb.395641840499969.-2207520000.1360475962&type=3&theater

@Gerbles
    , she really needs a better photo of herself that does not show any camel toe, seriously, I would not post that! And that tiny camera and kit lens. Wow. Yet the photo isnwm linked looks like it was shot with a point-and-shoot (well, probably that DSLR on auto).

isnwm
    Participant

Yeah, horrible posing on top of it just being a horrible picture. The bride has no lighting or detail in her face whatsoever. This is the 2md one that I’ve seen that some type of fill flash could’ve helped tremendously. That concept seriously eludes her. She has her little d5000, a couple kit lenses and thinks she’s ready to take the photography world by storm. Whatever happened to investing in your equipment & god forbid investing in your education ? Not saying everyone needs a photography degree, I don’t have one. But crap, how about some classes or workshops ? A couple hundred dollar classes go a long way.

girlnextdoor
    Participant

What is with the tie die peace sign shirt? I would never wear that as a professional.  I would never even wear that as a guest to a wedding.

fstopper89
    Participant

Exactly what I said before about getting an education of some sort, and I got totally bashed for it! I do not have a photography degree either. I took several photography, graphic software, and art courses in college as well as one business class. (I have over 80 credits but could not continue college at the time) Anyways, some sort of education in the subject is going to give you a huge advantage over those people who just think they can pick up a camera and boom! They’re a photographer. It doesn’t have to be college, but one should at the very least attend some sort of workshops or seminars and do immense amounts of self-study.

That bride is orange as a carrot and the fauxtog did not edit out the bruises on her shins. I can bet you any money that bride is not happy with her photos. How could anyone be?  And how unprofessional posting the images watermarked with the faux’s former business name. A real professional would have the original image files and be able to quickly create new files with the new business watermark. I’ve seen this before, with fauxs changing their business name a million times. Not like either name is flattering at all! Before I made my photography into a business, I did create a page for it on Facebook. It was mostly nature photos and portraits of my friends who I was practicing on. I wasn’t advertising myself for hire. But I wanted a place to show my work off. I came up with what I thought was a really creative name, “Flash in Time Photography.” After I created the page I realized everybody and their mother had a photography business with that name, it was totally unoriginal, and really pretty cheesy, AND I was playing off the word “flash” while I shot almost everything using natural light. I changed it after a short time. There is NO ONE with my business name, since I use my first and middle names which are both very uncommon. (I’m not a “Stacy Ann” or something common like that! lol)

Speaking of which, I did a FB search of “Flash in Time Photography” and a huge list popped up. From the thumbnails of their profile pictures I think they’re all fauxtogs. I clicked on one. Yeah, definitely glad my name is not associated with anything like this. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flash-in-Time-Photography/216564715083397?sk=photos_stream

And that’s definitely a kit lens…

isnwm
    Participant

I absolutely couldn’t agree more. I attend as many workshops and classes as I possibly can. It doesnt matter what the subject is, it’s probably something I can benefit from. Wether it be a technical or creative class. I just can’t fathom how someone can pick up a dslr, a couple cheap kit lenses and think they’re capable of shooting someone’s wedding. I went to my cousins wedding about a month after I got my 1st camera. I had the usual 70-300 3.5-5.6, and the 18-55 3.5-5.6, with my little Metz 36 (wayyyyyyy underpowered, completely auto, ttl) flash. Boy oh boy did I learn FAST that I was in over my head and I had TONS to learn. I immediately trashed the flash, bought the most powerful one I could find, with manual controls, tilt, swivel & zoom. I bought a 28-75 2.8 & a 70-200 2.8. Then started Finding as many classes as I could possibly enroll in. I’m thankful that I was just there as a guest and not the hired photographer . I fell flat on my butt (figuratively, not literally). But it was just what I needed to see what I got myself into, and realize how this was not going to be a cheap investment. I had tons to learn & I literally didnt own one piece of equipment that was suitable for any paid gig. Either she just doesn’t care, or is oblivious to the fact that she’s horrible. You’ll have to dig for it, but there’s a shot of the wedding precession coming down the aisle, and the poor groomsman and bridesmaid are clearly out of focus. The barn behind them is tack sharp. But she still edited it and posted it. Why how can you look at that picture and think its okay ? And her little flash, that she points dead straight on at her subjects with no diffuser whatsoever. Why ?! At least use one of the cheap $5 ones. I dislike on camera flash, but when I do use it, I use my Gary fong light sphere, bounced off the ceiling or wall. seeing her “work” just boils my blood.

isnwm
    Participant
    fstopper89
    Participant

Lol I’m sorry if I offend anyone but I don’t think I’d ever agree to shoot a wedding where the groom and groomsmen are wearing Wranglers, and the bridesmaids wearing foam flip flops. I’m all for cute country weddings (heck, the wedding I’m standing in this coming August, we’re wearing cowgirl boots) but hick wedding? No. My friend picked up an old Hi-8 Sony camcorder from a thrift store last year after looking online that they were going for $200 on eBay, and we found a hick wedding still on the cassette. It was narrated by an old woman and was in a courthouse and the guys all had Wranglers and the girls in jean jackets. Yeah, people do that, but as a photographer I will not be shooting that! There’s not much you can do to make that look professional. Then again, I doubt anyone doing a wedding like that would be paying a photographer more than $100.

On a side note about weddings, I saw my brother’s best friend while I was at work today. He (brother’s friend) just got married in January. He and his wife are both 21, and she’s super picky (and from what I remember, she was very prissy). I asked him who their photographer was and how they liked the photos. He said he really liked them (I also looked up the studio, they have some very nice work, very creative and beautiful poses, but I noticed they didn’t edit much like lightening up skin tones, but then again they didn’t have a ton of images on their website so it may not be a good enough representation of their skill). He said they cost almost $4000, and it was a husband and wife team. He said though that his wife was disappointed that there were a lot of shots of detail things like the bouquet, the venue, and decorations. I asked if they had a lot of nice photos of them and the people and he said yeah. I explained that photographers will take photos of the other elements of the whole weddings because it documents the whole scene and because those details were things she probably spent months planning. He understood, but said she’s just always really picky about photos. (Like I said, she’s very high-maintenance and also had her entire wedding paid for by her doctor father).

Kimera
    Participant

In one of the couple pictures, a guy is standing in front of the door’s stained glass window. He looks like he’s wearing Don Giovanni’s hat from Mozart’s opera.
    I hope that wasn’t an intentional attempt at ‘art’.

Mrs Woo
    Participant

Why is it the worst of them seem to struggle so much with white balance?  You can’t tell me badly tinted people are a good idea?

EMTChris
    Participant

Anyone who has an “Instagram Photos” folder on their professional photography website probably should just be ignored. You can do some cool and creative stuff with Instagram, but about 90% of people with Instagram just snap pictures and throw on a filter. (Which, I happily admit, I do also. Because my Instagram is about snapshots, not photography.)

Loke
    Participant

actually Instagram can be a good social media tool for photographers. I personally do not use it ( I prefer doing this type of photography on film cameras) but anyone who doesn’t take advantage of Instagram, Pintrest and other social marketing tools does not understand the business of marketing. Photographers who use Instagram include Eric Kim who is an internationally known street photographer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.