Home Forums Let’s Talk Photography Why would anyone photograph a fat person?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    dicksforeyes
    Participant

I keep seeing so many revolting photos of fat people and I don’t understand why. Aside from the obvious matters of historical record, zoological classification, etc, is this really necessary? Someone please explain, thanks.

funcdisp
    Participant

For the same reason people take pictures of just about anything… in order to capture a moment.  Looks are subjective after all.

sayguy
    Participant

Well larger people are paying customers too. Plus, there are more larger people in the US than skinny people. I think the problem I see with most larger people photos is that they are harder to take than a size 2 model. You actually have to think about it. The person knows they are large, but they still want to look beautiful in her pictures.

There are techniques to taking these types of pictures. Show off the curves! This is something real photographers should know already.

Notaphotographer
    Participant

Because they are people and customers. Fo you to even post a question like this shows the kind of ass you are.

stef
    Participant

Clearly, it’s all a marketing ploy by lensmakers to sell shorter focal lengths.

kc photography
    Participant

there are techniques for working with larger people, if you know what your doing then working with anyone should not phase you . are you saying you wouldn’t work with the larger people of this world if you are your throwing a lot of  money away lol .. iv found working with larger people a lot more relaxing they don’t seem to moan about there size but put a slim girl in front of me and they do moan about the size of there ass and all the fat they don’t have .

dicksforeyes
    Participant

Because they are people

Come on, now you’re just trolling.

stellathai
    Participant

LOL I sincerely hope you’re not serious because if you are, then your perception of beauty is warped. There is beauty in everything, whether someone is big or small, short or tall, white, black, yellow, green, blue. It’s about capturing beauty, not submitting to some of of social expectation.

dicksforeyes
    Participant
    stellathai
    Participant

Wow. You are so witty.

Pathetic.

If you call yourself a photographer and yet you can only capture beauty in its most shallow form then you, my dear, are insufficient.

dicksforeyes
    Participant

You sound hungry.

stellathai
    Participant

And you sound like you don’t deserve an internet connection and working limbs, but you don’t see me being a douche (:

VampireKetsuki
    Participant

-_- I am a fluffy photographer, and I shoot more along the five levels of fatness then I do skinny, simply because some people are built differently. Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder beholder. I know I’m fluffy, and I also know I’m beautiful

Elysium
    Participant

This seems like obvious provocation, so I don’t know why I’m even answering, but I feel the urge to say something to this.

From your photo gallery I can see that your portraits are mainly the fashion editorial type, so I understand you might have a fixed eye for a more “modern” type of beauty (i.e. thin or at least slim) but if an obese customer hires a photographer, they can’t answer “Sorry, ma’am, you’re fat, I cannot photograph you”. That wouldn’t be good customer service now would it. I know you might be referring to the boudoir session images of fauxtographers, in which a large woman is usually crammed into a three sizes too small bikini/underwear and made to pose in uncomfortable or unflattering positions, but in the hands of a talented professional the good sides of every person, regardless of their weight, can be brought up.

And obesity doesn’t disappear along with the pictures depicting it.

DasTurrible
    Participant

LOL @ fluffy.. thats sugar coating (pun intended) it.  There should be no reason to ‘accept fat’  Sure your build may be bigger but majority of it is an excuse to poor life choices.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.