Home Forums Let’s Talk Photography Why would anyone photograph a fat person?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    jetpix
    Participant

LOL @ DasTurrible.. thats turrible (pun intended.  There should be no reason to ‘accept idiocy’  Sure your intellect may be smaller, but the majority of it is an excuse of being mentally lazy.

stellathai
    Participant

Anyone consider that you might be all thinking along a different line when you consider the word ‘fat’? Over an Australian size 12 is fat to me, and a 10 is curvy. But my perception is warped by  years of self abuse so who knows.

DasTurrible
    Participant

Definitely not accepting anyones idiocy.. and sure fat is different to others but many people do know they’re fat and have no issues with it which shows a complete lack of self control and themselves.

jetpix
    Participant

Definitely not accepting anyones idiocy”  Except your own.

many people do know they’re fat and have no issues with it which shows a complete lack of self control and themselves.”  What do you care?  Does that interfere with your life?  Does it somehow create a burden on you?   And, ask yourself – why is a McDonalds cheeseburger 1.00, but a salad is 3.50?  It’s not always a free choice . . . .

Churchy
    Participant

What is fat? I know clinical obesity can be determined, but fat?

stef
    Participant

Obvious troll not obvious enough?

Maybe he should’ve asked abut photographing gays or something.

Nightrose
    Participant

Haha Vampire, someone has been watching Gabriel Iglesias – he’s a funny man!  He upped it to six levels where number 6 is “oh Hell no!”

Stellathai: I’m a size 14 so I guess I’m fat then. Sigh.

To general:  A great photographer can bring out the beauty in anyone 😉  Besides, being photogenic isn’t about size, but more about facial symmetry, having interesting features, and being able to relax in front of the camera, rather than stiffening up and looking all unnatural and freaked out. I’d rather shoot a larger person who is comfortable and happy with who they are, than a slimmer person who has endless body issues and hates every photo that he or she is in. That’s so annoying!

stellathai
    Participant

NightRose: It’s fine. I’m not thin myself, I’m an AUS 12 usually. But that’s the thing, I would never judge anybody based on their weight and say that just because they are a certain size that they can’t be beautiful. That’s because I know that self perception is warped, my idea of big is not big to someone else. Two people can be the same size but have different health level depending on their life style and natural body type and genetic. Every one can be and will be beautiful, as a photographer, your job is to see that and capture it. While I know I have my ideas of size, I also know that I have issues with numbers (even and odd) and can be a very exacting person which is very damaging. I found that, in trying to let go of all of that, it just made me happier and my work better. Darn it. I may not have made any sense.

dicksforeyes
    Participant

Obvious troll not obvious enough?

Yeah, it’s not even fun when they’re this stupid.

Nightrose
    Participant

@ jasonjared:  Oh, it is most obvious that trolling is occuring, I for one have been deliberately ignoring it and, rather than verbally abuse you (which for some reason you seem to revel in, leading me to wonder if perhaps you are a fan of 50 Shades of Grey), I have been putting forth my opinions in a manner that they can hopefully garner a few thoughtful responses from other users. I shall be on my way now, good day to you sir! *Haughty sniff*.

spike
    Participant

Well I saw the thread title and suspected trollery, and I read the replies and tried to compose my own higher-road response, but others before me summed it up pretty well…so I’ll take that low road ‘kay?

They’re not fat, Your mind is just too narrow.

dicksforeyes
    Participant

Seriously though, fatties are revolting.

manicpixie
    Participant

Fat people turn me into a fauxtographer by insisting I make them unrecognizably thinner.

RalucaS
    Participant

@spike oh I’m pretty sure fat people are still fat no matter how open minded you are

RalucaS
    Participant

@spike  oh I’m pretty sure fat people are still fat no matter how open minded you are

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.