Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Opinions of my works, please!! (constructive or destructive)

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    HouseTiger
    Participant

Thank you guys, but I still appreciate more comments on the photos (NOT the site, it will be changed, forget about that): If you think I have a good eye for this or not or whatever opinion!!

Hi Ares, I’ve been able to view the 5 photos that comprise your main menu (‘foto’, ‘video’, etc.) and think most of these are strong — and I LOVE the image you have for ‘contact’. Like another commenter, I am distracted by the halo around the angel but, again, this has more to do with taste than technical skill. However, I would like to argue that softening that halo effect might give a more polished photo than you might expect. Let the statue and the sky “speak” not Photoshop.  As I’m learning, we become attached (often unknowingly) to how a particular photo looks and lose sight, literally, of the big picture.

When I clicked on the link to your gallery I think I only saw about 5-7 photos and then the site froze but you have already addressed that you won’t be using Flash again. For the photos I saw, all of an event on stage I believe? I think you did well capturing the spirit of the performers. My background is in visual journalism, so two photos caught my eye as perhaps not adding to the story you were trying to tell: one of a young man in a jacket, very short hair, on stage, if I recall correctly (my laptop won’t reload it). I think it’s the weakest of what I saw and that’s because it doesn’t really enhance the viewer’s experience of the event, it’s a photo of a young man in a nice costume. The other, and where the photos stopped loading, was of a blond woman interviewing an older woman. I’ve had SO many of these where the subject’s eyes are closed or their gestures are just a second off! Unfortunately, especially since the interviewer’s back is to the camera, I personally think the interviewee must be especially visually compelling and in that shot she is not. So, those are my 2 suggestions for removals that will hopefully help you create a tighter portfolio.

Overall, I like your eye for storytelling, it is where my main photography interest comes from too. I think technically you are good, and I’d be interested in other’s feedback, as I feel I am less qualified to critique that, though I see no glaring problems like obvious exposure or focus issues.

Please post again once you update your site!

– HT

Ares
    Participant

Hi Guys!! Sorry for not posting before, but I was busy in my free time with the new site. It is almost finish (80%). It has the same name:

http://www.darkroom.comule.com

(It’s in Spanish because I’m from there, so just click on “Portfolio” and there’s the gallery, very intuitive. In “Categorías”, there are different links in different categories. It should be load more faster the photos).

So, replying to the people:

TO ILIKETAG: It doesn’t have virus, believe me. Searching at google it seems that they cannot accept this domain (.co.cc) as trust (maybe because they are Chinese??).

TO NESGRAN: Mate, this is an old debate in electronics. Should I upgrade or not (buy the newest thing or not) because it can get OBSOLETE with the time?? Some of you told me why I have used Flash… so better to think for the future…

TO HOUSETIGER: Thank you for your comment. Regarding to the Angel Statue photo, I like with the halo. It strenghts the statue and focus the viewer to put his/her eyes on it (also because the sky is clear. Also will look better if I put a quote on it…). Respects the photos you saw, you are right. Some are events and others are single photos. Take a look at the new site and tell me…

So, I hope more people see it and tell me something!!

PD: Sorry if my English is not so good    😀

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.