Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1,546 through 1,560 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    thin_blue_line
    Participant
    emf
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=502038626548368&set=a.501231063295791.1073741856.314689828616583&type=1&theater

First I thought, that’s a nice idea, to do a silhouette…could be good…then I saw the toilet, so classy.

no one special
    Participant
    FTN
    Participant

This is an old acquaintance of mine from high school who just started a “business”…

https://www.facebook.com/emeraldstarrphotography?ref=stream

seth
    Participant

Those are just all…  let’s just say fun.

Emerald Starr shows promise but should not be running a business yet.  I see she’s living on an AFB…  I got nothing against military or their wives but it seems like a large number of fauxs are military wives.  They see it as a quick, easy, and cheap way to make money.

Now for something new, just saw this in my newsfeed, a caption on a mobile phone photo:

“My brand new Nikon D3200!! My first ever REAL camera! Can’t wait to shoot a good friend’s wedding today!!!!”

You just want to say… “Oh, Honey… no.” But what you gonna do??

ebi
    Participant
    cass335
    Participant

It could be just me but   “Maybe that’s all she needed was some bling, bling & a sexy skirt to rock that body.” Should not be said on the photo of a One year old. (I’m guessing the age).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=464553176976389&set=a.464550916976615.1073741837.454707607960946&type=1&theater

Mend
    Participant

I found a page i’d so share in a heartbeat. I’m not going to because i found it through my family being tagged in the pictures. The pictures were for my cousin’s memorial service. I went to the service and saw the photographer and in a bitter sweet thought, i hoped i got to see the pictures for the sake of seeing how good the photographer was. The service was very nice, it was a military  service because my cousin was in the army. I thought it was great they wanted to have it pictured, i had thought about taking my own pictures, i only took like one picture and that was of the family(and even that picture not being the greatest was better than this photographer’s)

Out of respect of my family and not wanting them to find out i shared the photographer or have them think that any comments related to the photography being about my family in the memorial pictures.

So once i saw the pictures online(very first thought was, i wonder if i’m int he background of any of them lol), my heart just sunk. the pictures were blurry, bad angles, bad editing, over exposed, even selective coloring….The daughter of the photographer commented on one of the pictures and said that she did a great job at it…in that picture, i couldn’t see where the focus int he picture was, like everything was blurry, the tree to the left side of the picture might of been in focus, but like none of the people were.
    I remember watching her move around to take the pictures, looked like she had a good camera, but didn’t look like she had anything more than the one body and one lens with her.

Now for her other stuff.

Looking further into them, she’s done other family pictures of my family(this is extended family). But everything i said that was wrong with the memorial pictures, are what is wrong with  the rest of their pictures….

Makes me sad that my extended family has bad taste in photography….

Found her prices, i don’t even fully understand how she has it written out, but i did see this “All my prices are negotiable. Nothing is ever set in stone. I’m willing to work with each client towards what they envision within their budget! Contact me to schedule an appointment.”

Edit: aww crap….sounds like it’s a family member that took the pictures…. i still stand that it’s crap pictures, and my mom’s side of the family is so big that i don’t know even know the person who took the picture, but one of the family members i do know made a status on facebook about it being her grand daughter or something…

Mend
    Participant

You should be able to edit twice….i think i might of read the status wrong…so the person might not be family…..

ncrachick
    Participant
    fstopper89
    Participant

Rainy Day a fauxtog? Nah… Is she great? Getting there. I think she needs to work on her composition and paying attention to some of her backgrounds. Angled shots aren’t always a bad thing, but in those examples, they don’t work. Not a fauxtog in my opinion, just needs more experience. I like some of her images. However her business name seems negative to me.

JMaA
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/BeautifulBeholderPhotography

This is a local “photographer” in my area, and whenever I see her work pop up on my news feed I cringe.

fstopper89
    Participant

Beautiful Beholder keeps writing “Do not altar the photo.” Alter! Alter! Alter! We’re not talking a wedding altar here! lol.

One of the fauxtogs I pointed out earlier was offering shoots for $35 with “all rights to the pictures on a CD.” Is it bad that I’m almost tempted to throw the little bit of money away and have her take my photo just to get a really good laugh? Lol. I am curious as to what equipment she uses and how she attempts to do a session. It would be like behind the scenes of a fauxtography session.

nesgran
    Participant

One of the fauxtogs I pointed out earlier was offering shoots for $35 with “all rights to the pictures on a CD.” Is it bad that I’m almost tempted to throw the little bit of money away and have her take my photo just to get a really good laugh? Lol. I am curious as to what equipment she uses and how she attempts to do a session. It would be like behind the scenes of a fauxtography session.

Do it, I’ll send you a fiver on paypal if you give us the low down 🙂

ProWed
    Participant

LOL Ha.  I have seen a lot of these on http://www.photographerfail.com   It seems a lot like this site, but it looks like it just launched over the holiday weekend. So still new.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,546 through 1,560 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.