Home Forums Photography Showcase yeah so…this is scary…critique? *gulps*

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kat
    Participant

I feel like I still suck,  but I’ve recently upgraded from a t3i to a mark ii and a decent lens…and one single strobe.  Pretty much only good for creative lighting so until I get some more strobes, that’s what I have to work with. I still pump out some stuff I’m not proud of, but I got lucky a few times and it’s helping me gain some confidence.  I def. have so fauxtography work, but I didn’t charge…and I still mostly just do TF and hobby work.  A link to one of my favorite photos. It’s not the best, but it was the most fun I’ve had in a shoot for a while. feel free to critique it and any other work. Don’t bother with anything from the album titled “point and shoot madness” it’s old, shot with a point and shoot, and I KNOW it’s garbage. Also, a recent maternity shoot I did with a family member, yeah, I know that’s crap, too. haha   https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=549808455070095&set=a.495122353872039.121820.310229355694674&type=3&theater

dont.care
    Participant

Your hilarious by posting, “this is scary, critique”. Your photos are scary, haha.. 😛 A good scary, I should imply. I like  some of ’em..

I really like this one: http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/406738_495123163871958_260771324_n.jpg — it needs straightened up a bit, but i like that one the most

fstopper89
    Participant

You definitely have a niche with the weird, alternative portraits, and most of it you have executed quite well. It’s totally not my thing so I don’t think I could ever pull off a shoot like that. Those images are worlds ahead of your other portraiture. Again, not sure what is old vs. new, but the child and maternity photos came off as “blah” to me, and they had some technical issues with white balance and exposure. Your stuff all seems to be in sharp focus though. The Kentucky wedding album is all really orange and dark, though I see it was shot in a cave? Really cool venue, but you did not have the proper equipment for it (definitely would have needed a Speedlite!)

I think you need to develop and practice a lot more with family and children portraiture. Your creativity shines greatly in the costume-y, abandoned house, weird photos though and when someone enjoys a particular genre of photography they seem to really shine with it.

Loke
    Participant

I think you should focus on this niche…too many general portrait photogs out there..sure when you are ready to start charging you’ll have to be a little more creative in your marketing  but I like your weird stuff I think that’s where you shine. I could see you working with alternative mags..tattoo shops..stuff like that…

cameraclicker
    Participant

I ran out of time and only got part way through the wedding.  I agree with browneyedgirl89 and Loke, you have a niche, and while it is not my thing, the images are good both technically and creatively, so I think if you wanted to you could work through your problems in other areas on your own without much difficulty.

Keep shooting!

IHF
    Participant

I really enjoyed going through your port.  Seriously, some very cool shots happening.  I agree with all the others.  It doesn’t look as though you’ll be getting into the family tog genre and making money off the masses anytime soon 😉 (not meant to be derogatory anyone). You poor thing, your in this for the long and  much more difficult haul.  I feel for you, your art is much more complicated and so much harder to achieve than mine, and i struggle so much with it.  Do what you love, do what interests you.  Don’t let the prospect of making money stop you from developing your photography.  Let your camera and your imagination/creativity lead the way, and you’ll do just fine

Thom
    Participant

First off, shout out to Ohio peeps.

Your work reminds me of Floria Sigsmondi. I worked on a commercial of hers out here in L.A. If her look interests you, shoot film and experiment with off colors (it seems you’re already within that realm).

Thom

JCFindley
    Participant

Out freak’n standing on the niche!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.