Home Forums Photography Showcase wtf do i say here?????

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    imaginarywings_
    Participant

my first time shooting kids outside of my job at JCPenney Studio
    it was pretty hard work
    all she wanted to do was run in and out of my house……
    i know they’re not perfect, but.. the mom liked em
    x

fstopper89
    Participant

The first one has an adorable expression, but there are harsh lines from the sun. The others are all very nice. You captured her expression and playful demeanor well. The second one has a lot of negative space, but upon looking at it again, I like how the little purple flowers in the grass tie into the colors of her dress and balance the visual weight. I think they are well-done. She’s a cutie too.

Matt
    Participant

You’ve managed to capture her personality really well.  That’s hard to do with kids of her age.

I like the photos but have a couple of suggestions:

* Lighting.  Consider the sun’s position when you take photos as it can cast some heavy shadows which can be jarring to view.  Also, notice the  sun’s flair in the second shot — I find this distracting.  A lens hood would help here but you also need to move around to capitalise on the light provided.

*  Image clarity.  There’s something strange going on with the sharpness of the image.  They look washed out with a white-ish haze.  It could be the sun or perhaps some sort of filter you’re using?  The colours you’re playing with are great but they just aren’t ‘popping’ so I’d check your gear (or at least counteract it with your editing software).

imaginarywings_
    Participant

thank you for looking at them and giving me something to go on
    haha i know.. they’re definitely not the greatest.
    it was harder than i thought it was going to be with her running around and
    me having to follow, trying to snap photos every now and then.

for some reason the image clarity was being odd when i was taking them
    i noticed it while i was editing them that something was off
    i’ll try to figure it out before i do this again
    x

Thom
    Participant

Hi,

I really like the style. You caught a LOT of energy in her movements. The images are very playful and the color palette works with the backyard garden feel. I like the more muted look. Vintage-ish. But that’s me.

Best,

Thom

reactiveload
    Participant

I like them, but the third one the background looks off.  Not just out of focus but also blurry, I’m guessing you actually got a little pan as you took it?  Its distracting, but I love the action and the look on her face.

iliketag
    Participant

I absolutely love the second image. I know that as far as composition goes it may not be perfect, but I love the softer vintage coloring and use of negative space. She looks so happy and the instant reaction I had was to just smile. I think that’s a good sign 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.