Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum So your thoughts on this pricing????

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Silver
    Participant

so. . . . I am doing some hard reasearch on my local photography market,  someday I wish to start my own business.  I found this:

http://getwhatyoupayforphotography.com/pricing.html

???  Thoughts???  I mean I would think you would go out of business???

Silver
    Participant

I mean they have some great photos.  very marketable.  I’m not bashing them, I just think its risky?

Rizzo
    Participant

I don’t think there’s any way I would ever ever ever do that… Can you imagine the people who come in and want to pay $10? I’m too emotional for that type of price structure. I’d go off on people, haha. 😉

I can’t see how that is a good idea though, in any way.

Silver
    Participant

yeah i just noticed they haven’t undated thier blog since nov 2012 lol . . . maybe they are too busy?

JimC
    Participant

I think it could work if you’re selective about the clients you take on. This would be something where the burden would come upon you to pick the right clients though, and not just take every event request that comes up. I actually do something like this for a good friend of mine who has me do some photgraphy work for his comedy group every couple months. I’ve never given him a price that I want for the work. I’ve actually told him on more than one occasion that he doesn’t need to pay me. Even so, he’s always paid me a fair compensation. That said, I’m NOT a professional. It’s a hobby for me, and I don’t really need to make money from this to survive. I’d never do business like that if photography were my primary source of income.  There would just be too many risks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.