Home Forums Let’s Talk Photography She will call your clients and offer cheaper services

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tog85
    Participant

This woman attacks other photographers, to anyone she can, and calls their clients offering cheaper services.. I am not sure if this kind of Fauxtog needs a new name.

I am a hobbyist.. I admit what I am. this woman does weddings and calls herself a pro.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.271169648435.179003.247914098435&type=3#!/pages/Imagery-by-Ali/347319511959817?fref=ts

Sarah
    Participant

I don’t see any weddings on her facebook. Do you have any proof of her stealing clients? Maybe if your clients are only after the cheepist they can get then they are not the right clients for you.

tog85
    Participant

not my clients, I’m actually a client someone else’s who this woman has contacted. She’s done one wedding and has been booking more for the coming year! I don’t know how to warn people not to trust a day they an never get back to this woman. She is in her 50’s , (not sure thats relevant) using a canon rebel and calling herself a pro, I think it should be illegal.

Sarah
    Participant

Like I had said if the clients fall for it then they don’t really respect the work of the more expencive photographer. Photographers should focus on theirr own marketing and not worried about what other are doing. That does suck but maybe the other photographers are just doing something wrong if they are loosing clients.

tog85
    Participant

Yes, the pro in question does not seem at all threatened by this woman. But I am appalled. I just wish someone would shock this woman into reality because she is delusional if she thinks she is a photographer!

DGeezy11
    Participant

I had someone do that at a bridal fair that I helped with. She bashed all of the other photographers there and said that her work was the best, though it was far far far from it. It was so bad that the company that put on the fair had told her to keep her mouth shut and let the guest choose what photographer to use based on how her pictures looked.  She caused a massive scene and was promptly removed from the premises haha It was great.

tog85
    Participant

This woman’s didn’t own a Camera until about a year ago so hopefully no bridal shows any time soon!! But who knows!!

Nightrose
    Participant

Can you link to evidence of this person attacking other photographers? I don’t see anything on her Facebook page, and it doesn’t seem fair to slander someone like this without sufficient cause to do so.

Sharra
    Participant

Just curious if there is any rivalry here with this one and another on here with both being from the same small town in Saskatchewan!

https://www.facebook.com/Ty.Evy.Leah?fref=ts

meganray
    Participant

Are you a client of mine? Since there is only one other photographer in the area I would guess you are from davidson.. If you do not mind messaging me I promise no drama! 😉 are you a client of mine or Joanne’s?

No rivalry on my part, I’ve been a photographer for 8 years but I’m not trying to be in competition with anyone.. I know Alison and up until a few years ago did all her family pictures, until she bought a camera… 😉 I’m not about to critique someone’s stuff unless they ask me too.. I am not aware of any hard feelings or her speaking bad of anyone but if its about me I wouldn’t mind knowing…

Mrs Woo
    Participant

I found this photo disappointing.  I know from experience that FB can cut off inconvenient parts in the thumbnails, and I figured that must have happened in this case.  However, I was wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=546767298681703&set=a.347497775275324.89758.347319511959817&type=1&theater

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.