Home Forums Photography Showcase Opinions, please!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    photocriticgirl
    Participant

A lot of people really like my work, and then I found this site and I’m beginning to doubt myself a little. I have not had as many years of experience as some of you on here, but I truly love photography. Below are two photographs (Not charged for. One is a self portrait of me and the other at the circus last week). I was hoping I could maybe get some pointers on what to do!

Thank You!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=630297876999651&set=a.630297643666341.1073741832.376321122397329&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=628763533819752&set=a.624699004226205.1073741830.376321122397329&type=3&theater

iliketag
    Participant

My first suggestion is to make your watermark smaller. It’s terribly distracting in the first photo and really took away from it. Secondly, I think with the circus image it may have just been a poor condition to shoot in (odd angles and lighting) but it’s all right. Bear in mind, please, that I am not a professional, I am only offering my thoughts. It just seemed like something was “off” and it is really hard to put my finger on what exactly.

What are you trying to communicate with the self portrait? I would have shot it little tighter but if you wanted to capture more of the background I do understand. You have very little detail in the shadows and I think it makes it hard to pick out parts of the image.

These photos are not bad, but I would take a little more time setting the shot (I know that’s really difficult for ones like the circus shot).
    Just my opinions.

Rizzo
    Participant

neither of those really give much insight as to your style of taking photos, so i’m not going to put in my two cents as far as that part goes. i definitely agree about the watermark, though.

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

iliketag says – Bear in mind, please, that I am not a professional, I am only offering my thoughts.

I am a professional ( but I hate that word! ) and I’m  STILL only offering my thoughts.

The circus shot… In any picture your eye will be drawn to the brightest area first. In this case that’s the logo! And by the way, it’s not even a good logo! The second brightest area is the girls ass! After that you might notice the circus setting. But the main problem with the shot is that it’s taken from the wrong side. Unless it was meant as an ass shot, very few people will want to see a pic of a girls back. The face could make or break this shot.

The second shot. I kind of like but it needs more detail in the dark areas, I could see it as an album cover. But I’m not sure it works as a stand alone shot.

iliketag
    Participant

I wasn’t going to say anything about the illuminated rump. I was hoping that by not pointing that out, others wouldn’t be like “Cannot unsee!”. But yes, the lit up butt is really not flattering… A shot like this might be nice to try and get to learn but I, personally, would never stick it up somewhere.
    Post only your best work or what is your best that you can deliver consistently.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.