Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Opinions

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ebi
    Participant

nvm, i took the www off and it worked.

You need to proofread your about page.

Aside from that, your work belongs in a gallery. It’s beautiful, emotional and original. all the “a/uls”. If you desire to make a living in photography, shop the featured work around to galleries in Seattle. Someone will pick it up. Try to get a show in NYC as well. And keep shooting. You want to attract the attention of industry people for commercial work. And there is definitely some commercial value in this work. If that is what you’d like to achieve, that is.

Looking at your portraits section, I see a potential career in fashion as well. the way you pose your subject. you’ve got skill…the fact that you do video is an added plus.

thanks for sharing.

-ebi

thepotato
    Participant

emf, ihf,

I think you guys got it right on the bulls eye. Although the majority of the pieces are paintings, they all look oddly similar to mine xD I did a bit more research on “rukenfigur” but not much came up. I suppose it’s because its not a very popular form of portraits (as you may say).

I suppose you could literally just call them, a landscape/scenic portrait mashing it up aka portraitscape haha

Ebi, I’m developing my site and I just switched to a better host yesterday. I think I forgot to include http://www.davidvote.com in the DNS setup. www is a subdomain and actually isn’t part of any standard – no reason why it should be required anymore but people still type that in because its a tradition. I’ll get that fixed whenever.

As for displaying these in galleries, whatever happens happen. I don’t know what I want to do with my images yet. All I know is what I want my images to be.

PS, what does ‘all the “a/uls”’ mean?

emf
    Participant

One more thought, if you haven’t seen them, you may like the work of Harry Callahan; he did really great images of small figures in vast spaces.
    I like the term portraitscape!

IHF
    Participant

“Yes, if you are going to print them, you would have to raise the exposure on my images by ~.5-1-stop and raise the shadow values in camera raw by ~+75 to achieve the same brightness appearance when printed as it would appear on a monitor with a backlight”

Can I just say that it is refreshing to have someone (especially as young as you are) know there is difference between a web file and a print file?  I struggle with this because I sell on a POD and I’m in search of another because the POD I just left kept adding products to all my images (like mugs and crap) without notifying me first.  I would find out by making sales “Someone bought a tote of your image blah blah blah”.  WHAT?!  The file wasn’t even aligned properly, and there’s no way it worked well on that material.  Most PODs do not allow you to upload two files.  One for web display and one for print/products, let alone a separate file for each type of material used.  So I find myself not sharing as much as I would like due to incompatibility.  One size does not fit all.  I wish it were that easy

It’s also something not discussed very regularly in photography forums and groups.  It’s almost treated like a dirty little secret hahaha

David, finish.  Finish large.  Experiment with different materials and papers metal, glass, acrylic.  I’m telling you, more than just two of your pictures deserve to get made

ebi
    Participant

al/uls = beautiful, emotional, inspirational, etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.