Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? ok, ready for it…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    beata44
    Participant

Long story short, I am in a mid life crisis so I decided to finally take some photography classes.  I am very new to this, and although I enjoy photography, I’m not sure I even consider myself a hobbyist yet.  I mainly take pictures of my children.  I only take pictures of others in a party setting.  I certainly don’t charge for my photography.  I am a perfectionist, so I need to know the age old question: am I a fauxtog?

Here are a few of my photos that I think are decent.  Do you see any promise in them?  Thanks in advance.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51901251@N04/

Lauryn
    Participant

Honestly, you have quite a ways to go.
    Since you aren’t selling or claiming to be a pro, you cannot be a fauxtographer, however, if you marketed that work as pro work, I would have to say that you are something approaching a fauxtographer.
    Photoshop and background control would really improve your photos- just keep working on it! 🙂

cass335
    Participant

I agree, you need some work. But hey…you are new at it. That’s to be expected. And no you are not a fauxtog because you aren’t charging.  If you enjoy it then keep on shooting and experimenting!

creyes8519
    Participant

Work on exposure, composition.. but your shots are not terrible.  You’re off to a good start!

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Not a Fauxtog but exposure, colour and focus all need improving. just keep practicing.

beata44
    Participant

Can you give me specific examples in my photos?  Focus and exposure, I am working on.  I thought my color was ok, except maybe in the one picture with the girl wearing a purple dress.

Lauryn
    Participant

The girl in the purple dress is overexposed

The hockey picture is underexposed

And the focus is soft on the face of the little girl in the snow (But it isn’t too bad, so it’s excusable)

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Yeah the girl in the purple dress has the same colour face as the road in the background, but actually it’s probably the exposure  screwing with the contrast that makes it long wrong.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.