Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Looking for Criticism, and a couple of tomatoes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mrpikachu1
    Participant

Hello, i’m more or less new to photography (January 2012), I need criticism outside the facebook n’ flickr bubble of likes & Favorites, i want to know the answer to the most asked question on this page, Am i a Fauxtog?

My portfolio can be viewed here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrpikachu1/page1

Thanks for taking the time to review my work.

*takes a deep breath*

nesgran
    Participant

Looking at your shots they mostly look good and I wouldn’t call you a faux. However, you have 1178 photos on your flickr, get the 30 best and make a portfolio and you’ll probably get a much better response.

My one criticism in general would be that your blacks and shadows aren’t black enough in some shots but look grey

iliketag
    Participant

I am going to say No, you’re not a Fauxtog. However, you seem to have an issue with white balance and blown highlights/overexposure in several of your images. You also have a lot of noise in your images, which is not necessarily too bad, just something I noticed.

You have a Hodge-podge of photos in your stream. I would narrow it down (perhaps in another flickr account) and display what you think are your best and most consistent. Some of your portraits are great… some I wouldn’t even put in a flickr stream and would leave to a personal facebook (the woman and the baby for example).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.