Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Looking for constructive criticism

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Garrahmarie
    Participant

Hey everyone! I am super nervous to be posting on here, but here it goes!

I am very new to photography and cameras in general. The first time I picked up a camera was Fathers day 2012, so…nearly a year ago.I picked up a very low end camera but upgraded 2 weeks ago!

I found something in photography; A fulfilment, satisfaction and a complete escape from any problems I face in my life. I’m looking on here for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Anything you guys can offer as far as suggestions would be really great!

Alright *deep breath*.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Garrah-Marie-Photography/293003620812920?ref=tn_tnmn

serenidade
    Participant

I really like your pictures, keep doing the great job you are doing 🙂

Garrahmarie
    Participant

Thank you!

Ipshwitz
    Participant

I’m in agreement – but with one thing. While the pictures are really nice, there are some very odd croppings on a few of the photos that really take the image down from what it could be.

Garrahmarie
    Participant

Which photos would you be referring too? Just so that I can recognize it! Also, thanks for the feedback 🙂

iliketag
    Participant

You seem to have a very strong grasp of portraiture, which is great. My grief is that you don’t necessarily want to post all the images from a session. For example, the album with the dark red headed woman with curly hair has several poses but not a lot of “wow” factor. The images are good, but there’s nothing that stands out for me. With a lot more custom photographers cropping up, it’s hard for me to fall in love with basic headshots. If the album was for headshots, I would recommend to make an album specifically for that and narrow the number of images posted to around 3 per unique shoot.
    I understand it’s tempting to post all the great shots you get… but if you show images that feel repetitive (even if they may not be exactly the same) you’re going to start to bore prospective clients.

I really encourage you to continue to grow and exand. You’ve got talent, don’t squander it on the ho-hum!

Garrahmarie
    Participant

Thanks! I do really enjoy portraiture (I guess that is made obvious)! This is why I asked for feedback, I have been feeling as though it is all starting to look the same and I really need to figure out how to switch it up! I appreciate your thoughts!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.