Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Feedback

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yourstory

Looking for some constructive comments ūüôā

http://www.facebook.com/yourstoryphotographymi

I would pull http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=531955106844529&set=a.305758316130877.75763.301682553205120&type=1&theater off the page because it is a “what the heck!” kind of shot.

Some of your eyes are so shiny they look fake, like in http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=513115575395149&set=a.388766757830032.91987.301682553205120&type=1&theater.

Lots of good shots though.  Keep shooting.

IHF

I agree with camera clicker.  That shot needs to be removed. Oops!

I find that you seem to do better more consistent work in studio, than you do with your outdoor shots. ¬†Your location photography is inconsistent ¬†with both ¬†editing, and lighting. ¬†I think the problems/inconsistencies I see with your editing, are more due to “fixing” lighting though. ¬† I think you need to work on how to better use natural light. ¬†Do you have/use any modifiers? ¬†Have you thought about learning off camera flash so you have more versatility and control?

Way too much information on your about, and where you say ¬†something like “unlike most photographers I have one price for the session and the images” well… It just made me think “ewww fauxtogish” they all have one price that includes a disc too. ¬†You want to separate yourself from them as much as possible. ¬†If they do it, you don’t.

With all that said.  You are not a fauxtographer and I enjoyed going through your images, and I hope I helped you some

IHF

Ok I’m back. ¬†Another thing that bothers me, is you at first seem to encourage the cd for printing as they wish, and then later you discourage printing.

It’s confusing. ¬†And the prices are like you are competing with yourself. ¬†Do you want to provide prints for your clients, or do you want them to take it on? ¬†What is your goal? ¬†What do you need them to spend per session and on products to meet what you need in profit per gig? ¬†you’re for sure having a pricing /business model problem. ¬†And even though you put prices up so there is less confusion for your clients, I bet they are still asking a ton of questions. Or even passing you up, because they don’t quite get it. ¬†If I’m wrong, or you feel I over stepped on this, I understand. ¬†But if you need a wall to bounce off of on this subject. ¬†I’m here if you want me, but I do have to say I am not a pro. ¬†I’ve just been studying the business side of things pretty intensely for myown future ¬† benefit, in case I ever change my mind and go for it.

yourstory

Thanks Guys. I have cleaned up my about me and pricing section to be a little more streamline and to the point, if you wanna go check it out and see if it looks any better or if I made it worse. I am glad that the one shot is not an artistic or technical mistake and more of a weird foot placement mistake LOL.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.