Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Feedback

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yourstory
    Participant

Looking for some constructive comments 🙂

http://www.facebook.com/yourstoryphotographymi

cameraclicker
    Participant

I would pull http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=531955106844529&set=a.305758316130877.75763.301682553205120&type=1&theater off the page because it is a “what the heck!” kind of shot.

Some of your eyes are so shiny they look fake, like in http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=513115575395149&set=a.388766757830032.91987.301682553205120&type=1&theater.

Lots of good shots though.  Keep shooting.

IHF
    Participant

I agree with camera clicker.  That shot needs to be removed. Oops!

I find that you seem to do better more consistent work in studio, than you do with your outdoor shots.  Your location photography is inconsistent  with both  editing, and lighting.  I think the problems/inconsistencies I see with your editing, are more due to “fixing” lighting though.   I think you need to work on how to better use natural light.  Do you have/use any modifiers?  Have you thought about learning off camera flash so you have more versatility and control?

Way too much information on your about, and where you say  something like “unlike most photographers I have one price for the session and the images” well… It just made me think “ewww fauxtogish” they all have one price that includes a disc too.  You want to separate yourself from them as much as possible.  If they do it, you don’t.

With all that said.  You are not a fauxtographer and I enjoyed going through your images, and I hope I helped you some

IHF
    Participant

Ok I’m back.  Another thing that bothers me, is you at first seem to encourage the cd for printing as they wish, and then later you discourage printing.

It’s confusing.  And the prices are like you are competing with yourself.  Do you want to provide prints for your clients, or do you want them to take it on?  What is your goal?  What do you need them to spend per session and on products to meet what you need in profit per gig?  you’re for sure having a pricing /business model problem.  And even though you put prices up so there is less confusion for your clients, I bet they are still asking a ton of questions. Or even passing you up, because they don’t quite get it.  If I’m wrong, or you feel I over stepped on this, I understand.  But if you need a wall to bounce off of on this subject.  I’m here if you want me, but I do have to say I am not a pro.  I’ve just been studying the business side of things pretty intensely for myown future   benefit, in case I ever change my mind and go for it.

yourstory
    Participant

Thanks Guys. I have cleaned up my about me and pricing section to be a little more streamline and to the point, if you wanna go check it out and see if it looks any better or if I made it worse. I am glad that the one shot is not an artistic or technical mistake and more of a weird foot placement mistake LOL.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.