Home Forums Photography Showcase Fairy pictures. Critique welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stefany0219
    Participant

A few fairy pictures added to my 365 project.  Critique welcome!  http://365project.org/stefanyflynn/365

cameraclicker
    Participant

April 14th is the one I like.  Your subject stands out better against the background and the concept of hot air balloon using helium balloons is great!  And there’s a great expression.

I see they were taken last summer.  My initial thought was “too bad the girl’s hair is the same colour as the ground”.  I thought the grass had not grown in yet this spring, then I noticed the date.  If the background were grass or sky she would be separated from the background better.  It’s probably hard to see through the viewfinder and you may not have had a choice while trying to get the action and framing.  Plus it’s a pretty picky point, but I’ll throw it up for consideration anyway.

In April 16th, she has very pale skin and the light is kinda flat.  Look at the April 14th photo, see how the shadow helps define the features?

Stefany0219
    Participant

Yes I see that.  Thanks.  These were actually this year, taken over the course of the last week, so I’m not sure why last year’s dates are showing up! Anyways, it was tricky with the way I was positioned, but the trees do make her her kind of blend in.  The last one was taken on a very overcast, cloudy day which has it good points and bad points I guess.  I tend to like sunset time on a sunny day the most.  It was a tricky situation, but thanks!

cameraclicker
    Participant

Check the clock in your camera.  Web pages showing dates usually get the information from the EXIF data.

nairbynairb
    Participant

I love the recent additions.
    I think you nailed it with April 16th. I love that style of image 🙂

Stefany0219
    Participant

Thanks so much!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.