Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum Encouraged vs. Inspired

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Thom
    Participant

Are you more encouraged by seeing total disaster fauxtog pics here? Or are you more inspired when you seek out well made photos on other sites?

fstopper89
    Participant

A little of both. Encouraged by seeing photos here as in “Wow, glad my work has never been that bad!” But motivated and encouraged to use techniques other photographers use in really good images. I follow almost 100 photographers on Facebook and love seeing amazing work in my news feed. That encourages me that if I put in the effort I can get images of lateral quality.

cameraclicker
    Participant

I am inspired by good photography on other sites.  I wouldn’t use “encouraged” to describe emotions this site inspires.  Sadness, amazement, disbelief, horror, are all words that come to mind when viewing this site.  Particularly the front page!  I was in Florida last week to shoot a wedding and just got back, so last night was my first access to the Internet in six days (because I am way too cheap to spend a cent a second on internet access), and I was amazed to see Sideways Tracks (Railroad Chair, whatever) and the huge number of comments.  I still have not read all of them and probably never will.  That picture fits the theme of your question.  This site is a lot like a train wreck; the photos on the front page are mostly terrible, but it is hard to look away.  And, it is sad that the person who took that photo is apparently surrounded by people who think it is a wonderful photo and try to defend it instead of providing help or training.   The text says the subject is wearing jeans.  Perhaps they are black denim because no matter how much I brighten the image I cannot get them to be blue.  In the course of trying that, I discovered a boy scout below and left of her elbow, about a hundred yards down the track!  I also feel sad for the people who presumably paid money to the fauxtographer and did not get quality images in return.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.