Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Could I be an amateur low budget Fauxtog?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    trojanllama
    Participant

I held hands up to sub conscious compliment fishing, so I’m not offended by the facetious remark.  But quite honestly, I have made some terrible images (I do have 4,550 in my Flickr stream – some are going to be awful), and initially I did fear that something might have slipped in.  However, on closer inspection I can see that this website is all about people that pose as professional or at least semi professional portrait photographers, and not self proclaimed amateurs that are on a journey of growth.

olivetree
    Participant

You have a lot of event pictures, which leads me to believe that you are active both socially and in your community. If you had the ambition to, you  could have a pretty good blog. Do you go out and photograph often? A good web presence could garner you some recognition. I for one was drawn into the slideshow pretty good, always intrigued to see what the next photo might be of. Good work, you should be happy with them. Just keep working and learning! Good luck!
    But, please, revert The Rat’s Tail to black and white. Please.

trojanllama
    Participant

Olvetree, thanks for your reply.  I’m not so active in the community as I once was, I did several years ago, sometimes travel down to London for protest photography.

Blog – got one.  It focuses on low budget photography for the amateur.  My latest project is to make a gallery of interesting images using a 1991 point and click compact camera, that I bought at a car boot sale recently for 50p (GBP £0.50), and discount 35mm film that costs me £1.00 per roll.  It’s called Tight Fisted Photography.

Got the message on the colour splash, I know, it’s not cool.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.