Home Forums Let’s Talk Photography Concert Photography – You're doing it wrong

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    nairbynairb
    Participant

Lol…

Guy on my local photography page posted this. I may have actually ‘lol’d.

ebi
    Participant

my god, what the hell was he doing. I LMFAO at the camera on the head and all that machine gun rapid fire spraying and praying. wow.

nesgran
    Participant

what on earth is he doing, that was pretty awful. I’m surprised no one told him to fuck off with that flash of his. I especially liked his best rambo machine gunning impression

nairbynairb
    Participant

Reading the comments and stuff on Youtube I learned that the first band that played actually asked him to stop haha

I would LOVE to see the photos this guy puts out…

Bill
    Participant

Extreme chimping much? Probably thinking to himself, hmmm why aren’t my shots coming out? I’m using my flash and shooting several thousand shots, at least one should come out,……Right?

cameraclicker
    Participant

It looked like, for several shots he has second curtain sync and was trying light trails with a flash to light the performer.  The rest of the time, he was just annoying with the flash.  Also seems he has the monitor set to display every photo after it is taken, a huge waste of batter life.

adent
    Participant

If you go through the comments on Youtube someone gives the guy’s facebook link. I followed it from there to his wordpress site. He has the pictures from this night posted there.

http://aellephoto.wordpress.com/

nesgran
    Participant

Oh dear, he lives in London. I’m surprised they aren’t more shit than they are tbh

emf
    Participant

hahaha – what a loon! It’s weird – he looks like a real joker but has some lovely images in his wedding and personal work.

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

I’ve got to say when I watched the video, my first thought was ” he’s checking every shot, so they must be what he’s after” and now looking at his pics, I think his stuff is great! I couldn’t find any weddings or personal work which is a shame.

My only comment would be that his technique does kind of ruin the show for everyone else. He’d be better off showing the band the sort of pics he gets, and asking if he can shoot during a practice or sound check.

nesgran
    Participant

He’s killed the ambience with the white flash. A bit of flash may help but ideally it should be gelled to the same colour as stage lights or something that wouldn’t look out of place and to not ruin the show for everyone else it should be kept to a minimum

IHF
    Participant

The video made me so uncomfortable. Somebody make him STOP! I couldn’t even watch the whole thing.

but, ummmmmmm…. His photography is really nice. Not what I was expecting at all. Love his portraits and personal work, and the shots taken that night are pretty good. I expected to see utter garbage.

Let’s just hope nobody tries to emulate his technique 😉

Yeah, I’m thinking, like worstcase, show the band your work and set up a more private performance shoot. If I had been in the audience or in/with the band we would have had words.

BTW check out his about to find his personal and wedding photography. It’s worth clicking 🙂

nairbynairb
    Participant

I didn’t like the concert stuff he has… unoriginal and boring.

But his other stuff is awesome!

It’s so disappointing knowing how he acts

ebi
    Participant

agreed. his live performance stuff is bad. his weddings are pretty decent…except the fisheye stuff. i really don’t like that.

it’s a shame he’s so obnoxious during performances. he may not be taking horrible photos during those events but he sure acts like he is. It’s also very run and gun and if he took some time to actually compose a shot he might actually get some better photographs.

samsonsmith008
    Participant

It is not a good way to take the photograph.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.