Home Forums Let’s Talk Photography Before and After

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    photocriticgirl
    Participant

Hi!

I am new to this site but not new to photography. My favorite part of the end product is looking at the before and after. I would be interested in seeing some of your before edit (SOOC) photos and your final product that you give to your customers!

Thank You!

dont.care
    Participant

I think you have a misconception about this site.. We aren’t going to give you our work.

dstone81
    Participant

I don’t have any customers as I just do this as a hobby but here are a couple of my before and afters.

Family 149
    Family 149

My edits tend to be on the very subtle side.

dont.care
    Participant

Hmm

dont.care
    Participant

KeyAndFill
    Participant

I am new to this site but not new to photography.

I received a camera for my birthday two months ago.

My favorite part of the end product is looking at the before and after.

You just shoot, shoot, shoot and pray, because you Photoshop the hell out of it before you show anyone, right, right?

I would be interested in seeing some of your before edit (SOOC) photos and your final product that you give to your customers!

Can I “borrow” some images to show what I can do, well, what I hope I can do one day, but the customer need not know that last bit.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist having a little fun.

photocriticgirl
    Participant

Actually, KeyAndFill, you could not be more wrong.

I’ve been photographing for over three years and have my own studio. The reason I phrase it that I am new to photography is that I believe you never stop learning and three years if really early. I started taking pictures when I was 10 and fell in love. I have only been charging for the last three years.

I am being honest in the end product being my favorite part. I don’t use photoshop, but paintshop pro. And I really don’t like too much adjustments. Using vignette should be a sin.

Finally, I do not wish to borrow your images. I will even post some of my own. I am currently at work and unable to do so. But, I will when I get off. I don’t care if you put your logo over there. I do not wish to steal your work. I have had that happen before and I understand that each of use are individual photographers.

As a last thought, (Sorry to add one more!), when you think of it, we all, at one time, started as fauxtographers. We had a dream to make it into a career. We worked our way up, slowly but surely.

That is all.

Thom
    Participant

I can email you the “before”…(don’t have a link)

here’s the after:

betsy_kdk160NC_019

KeyAndFill
    Participant

Actually, KeyAndFill, you could not be more wrong.

I’ve been photographing for over three years and have my own studio. The reason I phrase it that I am new to photography is that I believe you never stop learning and three years if really early. I started taking pictures when I was 10 and fell in love. I have only been charging for the last three years.

I am being honest in the end product being my favorite part. I don’t use photoshop, but paintshop pro. And I really don’t like too much adjustments. Using vignette should be a sin.

Finally, I do not wish to borrow your images. I will even post some of my own. I am currently at work and unable to do so. But, I will when I get off. I don’t care if you put your logo over there. I do not wish to steal your work. I have had that happen before and I understand that each of use are individual photographers.

As a last thought, (Sorry to add one more!), when you think of it, we all, at one time, started as fauxtographers. We had a dream to make it into a career. We worked our way up, slowly but surely.

I’m not going to argue with you.  By studio, you mean you own or rent a space and in that space you have props, lights, continuous or strobe, a workspace, backdrops, the appropriate stands etc?

I think it should be the use of too much vignetting should be a sin.  a subtle vignette is ok.  A lot of well respected big name pros will add a vignette when appropriate.

photocriticgirl
    Participant

Yes, that is what I meant. I have a studio and space that I rent monthly for. I would not consider myself a “pro” yet, but I do get paid for what I do and file taxes for it.  It is still a part time job for me while I have a full time job as well. (I live in ND, rent is $1,100 plus monthly), I can’t afford to just do photogrpahy yet, but  will some day!

KeyAndFill
    Participant

Congrats to you photogirl.  Your first post was a little creepy.  You have to admit, go back and read it, it sounds very odd.

photocriticgirl
    Participant

Thank you.

But, to be honest, I do not find it creepy what I wrote. I bluntly stated what I was interested in. I am not here to steal your art, but, instead, to admire the skills behind them!

Mend
    Participant

i’m not a pro, just a hobby photographer. so not sure what my level of skill really is, to which i’m not sure if my before and afters would be worth sharing lol

mostly commenting to say that i agree on the like seeing the before and afters. but that’s partly from the photography point and partly from the hobby photo editor in me lol

nairbynairb
    Participant

Here’s a picture I took of my buddy in the winter before/after

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80294871@N07/8717848517/in/photostream

Sarah
    Participant

Here is a restoration that I was working on

Ok I give up I tried HTML & I tried BBCode… http://www.sarahashleyphotos.com/img/s8/v81/p1581587300-5.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.