Terms of Service
Terms of Service
By uploading any photographs or other materials including, captions and stories, I certify and acknowledge that I wholly own My Materials or have the sole and exclusive right to permit the owners of You Are Not a Photographer and its parents, members, managers, directors, shareholders, partners, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, sponsors, successors, assigns, heirs and licensees (collectively, â€śyouâ€ť or â€śyourâ€ť) to use, edit,Â publishÂ and otherwise exploit My Materials and my name in connection with My Materials without obligation or liability to me or any other party. I herebyÂ grantÂ to you the non-exclusive unconditional right to describe, relate,Â publishÂ and/or exploit My Materials in such manner as you shall elect, in whole or in part, on your websites and in print andelectronicÂ form. I waive any right to royalties or any other compensation arising from or related to the use of My Materials. I represent and warrant that I have the right to enter into this agreement and toÂ grant, without the consent of any third parties, all the rights hereinÂ granted; that I have not exclusivelyÂ grantedÂ or assigned or otherwise transferred such rights to any third parties; and that there are noÂ claims, litigation or other proceedings pending or threatened which could in any way impair, limit or diminish the rightsÂ grantedÂ to you hereunder. I, on behalf of myself, my successors, heirs, representatives and assigns, hereby irrevocably covenant that I will not assert aÂ claimÂ or maintain an action or suit and will not consent to the assertion or maintenance by others of anyÂ claim, action or suit (including, but not limited toÂ claims, actions or suits for invasion of my rights of privacy, rights of publicity, defamation or rights in the nature of â€śdroit moralâ€ť) of any kind on account of the exercise by you of any of the rights hereinÂ grantedÂ or agreed to beÂ grantedÂ to you. I represent and warrant that if any minors appear in My Materials, I am the mother, father or duly appointed guardian of such minors or have the irrevocable permission of the parents or duly appointed guardian(s) of such minors toÂ grantÂ the rights set forth herein to you on behalf of such minors. I agree to indemnify and defend you, and hold you harmless from and against any and all liability, losses,Â damages, costs, expenses, judgments and penalties arising out of, resulting from, based upon or incurred because of the breach of any warranty, representation or agreement made by me hereunder (including, without limitation, with respect to anyÂ claimsÂ that I lack the authority toÂ grantÂ all of the rights (including rights of third parties and minors) hereinÂ granted). I agree that I will have no rights to terminate or rescind any rightsÂ grantedÂ to you hereunder or to enjoin theÂ publication, production, exhibition or distribution or exploitation of any work based thereon. IN NO EVENT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANYÂ DAMAGESÂ OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVEÂ DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF MY USE OF YOUR WEBSITES OR YOUR REMOVAL FROM YOUR WEBSITES OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, MY MATERIALS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOUR WEBSITES AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED â€śAS ISâ€ť WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU DO NOT NOW AND SHALL NOT IN THE FUTURE HAVE ANY DUTY OR LIABILITY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, VICARIOUS, CONTRIBUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE INFRINGEMENT OR PROTECTION OF MY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, IF ANY, WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBMISSION OF MATERIAL. I agree that this instrument constitutes my entire agreement and complete understanding and that all prior or contemporaneous promises, understandings and agreements, oral or written, are merged into and included in this written instrument. I agree also that you are under no obligation to make use of any right or privilege that I haveÂ grantedÂ to you. This agreement shall bind my heirs, administrators, representatives, executors and assigns forever. You shall have the right to assign any or all of your rights hereunder to any person, firm or entity in your sole discretion. I may not assign this agreement to any third party, and any purported attempt to do so shall be deemed null and void ab initio. I give you the foregoing permission with the knowledge and understanding that you will incur substantial expense in reliance thereon. If any part of this agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. I am the age of majority in my state of residence (which is typically 18 years of age in most states) and competent to contract in my own name. I HAVE READ THIS SUBMISSION RELEASE AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND AND FREELY ACCEPT THE CONTENTS AND MEANING OF THIS AGREEMENT. I agree to be bound to the terms. UPON YOUR request, I agree to sign a non-electronicÂ version of this Agreement. A printed version of this Agreement and/or of any notice given inelectronicÂ form shall be admissible in judicial, administrative, or arbitration proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other businessÂ documentsÂ and records originally generated and maintained in printed
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission isÂ grantedÂ to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on You Are Not a Photographerâ€™s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is theÂ grantÂ of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on You Are Not a Photographerâ€™s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or â€śmirrorâ€ť the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by You Are Not a Photographer at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether inÂ electronicÂ or printed format.
- The materials on You Are Not a Photographerâ€™s web site are provided â€śas isâ€ť. You Are Not a Photographer makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, You Are Not a Photographer does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sitesÂ linkedÂ to this site.
In no event shall You Are Not a Photographer or its suppliers be liable for anydamagesÂ (including, without limitation,Â damagesÂ for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on You Are Not a Photographerâ€™s Internet site, even if You Are Not a Photographer or a You Are Not a Photographer authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidentalÂ damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on You Are Not a Photographerâ€™s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. You Are Not a Photographer does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. You Are Not a Photographer may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. You Are Not a Photographer does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
You Are Not a Photographer has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by You Are Not a Photographer of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the userâ€™s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to You Are Not a Photographerâ€™s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.