Home Forums Let’s Talk Photography Your favorie photography related book…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sarah
    Participant

I just revieved Camera a history of photography from Deguerreotype to digital and I love it. I have another history of photography book (and took the class in school) but its intresting to learn about individual cameras. Aside from my pop up book about the basics of photography this is my favorite photography book.

Brownie
    Participant

The Americans by Robert Frank. The bible of modern photography.

jezbeast
    Participant

I have the history of the world in photos and understanding exposure, two great books in my opinion

Mrs Woo
    Participant

I really like books by Michael Freeman.  I like how he sees and how he teaches, I think.  It was fun to do a photography group online around one of his books.  There were some technically very interesting shots that I did of very mundane objects (one that comes immediately to mind is a sign above a farm equipment shop) as assignments for that.

Maybe, since I don’t get out much, I like his books just because I got involved on an online photography group that used them.  If anyone has a few other authors to recommend to me, please do.

Kimera
    Participant

I just finished reading “The Moment It Clicks” by Joe McNally.
    He’s funny, down-to-earth, and his style of taking one along on his shoots, as well as revealing his methods, is refreshing and easy to follow.

Egglington
    Participant

Understanding exposure by Brian Peterson would have to be my favourite when it comes to technique. Easy to understand for both skilled and beginning photographers.

iliketag
    Participant

I’m necro-ing the crap out of this thread because I want input from those of us who are lurking currently!
    While on my lunch break today I was browsing through the Photography section of Barnes and Noble and picked up “Shooting in Sh*tty Light”.
    (tried to use the html linking but it’s down so here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0321862694/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_UjNSrb1H9YS0X )

So far it’s an awesome resource. It’s got a lot of awesome scenarios and actual photos of what you can do to combat bad undesirable light, which I love! I’d recommend it to anyone starting out and wanting to see actual examples of what equipment can help.

Sarah
    Participant

iliketag – I have also seen that book at barns and noble. They have so many great lighting books that I want.

Katie
    Participant

I have read:

Understanding Exposure -Bryan Peterson

Learning to See Creatively – Bryan Peterson

The Photographer’s eye- Michael Freeman

The Digital Photography Book- Scott Kelby (not one of my favorites)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.