Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Would I be considered a fauxtog?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Raeann
    Participant

I’ve had an interest in photography for about 3 years now. I’m only fifteen, but I still have that dreaded fear of one day being labeled a “fauxtog”

I do not charge, and I don’t really have a “business”. I do not have a “special” name for photographs, they’re just… There.

So, this is sort of hypothetical, say you saw these images on a photography business page, would you consider that person a “fauxtog”?

<a href=”http://raeannmarie.deviantart.com/gallery/&#8221; title=”Here’s my DA link”>

Raeann
    Participant
    creyes8519
    Participant

No. Your pictures are nice. There is certaintly room for improvement but these are definitely not “fauxtog” types of pics. They are quite good although I am looking at them with my phone so I can’t tell if they are sharp or not

cameraclicker
    Participant

Your girl in pink stripes is a little over exposed.   The dog looks a little flat.  The dog was shot in what skiers call “flat light” for just that reason, with no shadows you can’t see the bumps so skiing is harder.   Shadows help give depth, they are only a problem if they are too dark.

I love the cat.  I had one with similar colouring when I was about your age.  You might want to get out an editor and fix the green colour fringe but otherwise a lovely high key photo.  You pretty much nailed it!

The other two, of the girl in the print dress, are slightly over exposed, or the sky could be better managed.  That look is popular with some of the wedding photographers right now but it is a trendy look and will date those wedding albums.

Several of your subjects are square in the middle of the frame.  Look up “Rule of Thirds”, it’s just a rule but it might help.

You are doing fine.  Keep shooting.  Keep trying things.  Read.  Study other photos to see why you like them.  Enjoy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.