Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Will someone please go tell this woman she is a fauxtog?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    lifeskills13
    Participant

Well that at least made me feel little better..now hopefully she PAID for them lol

creyes8519
    Participant

So yeah.. Ashley blocked me from viewing her page because of my comment, which was nothing but constructive criticism.  Oh well lol

EvilDaystar
    Participant

This template is intended for use by professional photographers. Sharing, reselling, or using any part of the template’s design aside from its intended use is not allowed. Please do not claim the design as your own; by purchasing this template you agree to comply with these terms.

The beautiful photos are courtesy Blue Lily Photo | bluelily.squarespace.com. *Sample photos are for display only and are not included.

Actually it seems like she IS infringing on the photographers copyright! She apparently didn’t bother reading the template usage liscence. See above.

source: http://www.etsy.com/listing/110200427/autumn-thanksgiving-mini-session?ref=usr_faveitems&atr_uid=14226288

rosario
    Participant

I need to nominate this lady. She sucks and not to mention she effing charges and arm and a leg. She also takes stupid photos in her basement with laminated backdrops that reflect light every time she uses the flash on her camera, and does wwwaaayyyy too much “creative tilt”

< href=” http://www.facebook.com/Gluedtomycrafts?fref=ts=”>

rosario
    Participant

Here are some other ones. Sorry I am really bad with the clickable links.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=369018476521954&set=pb.100256113398193.-2207520000.1354131488&type=3&theater

Anna09
    Participant

You Guys call your Self Pros,….But your all siting an a computer complaining about others who are learning from the bottom  up the same as everyone else did. We call learn Differently, some of us hit bottom before we realize it.  But for you to Sit and bitch and complaine about others and there work Makes me sick and you call yourselves Pro I don’t think so. Further more if they aren’t even in the same country as you why does it matter who does and doesn’t like there work, pretty said you dont like to see people happy.

Anna09
    Participant

I dont care if I spelled things right or not but thats not only disrespectful but sicking that you would call your self pros and talk dirt about others. I wouldnt consider you Pros thats not business etiate.

lifeskills13
    Participant

@evildaystar she took them off..now i hope she uses HER photos instead 😀

@laine..its called crafts..you sure she charges for photography? the few ive seen aren’t bad as the ones being mentioned here 🙂

soaringturkeys
    Participant

@lala she makes crafts…. not photography. Even her label is called “Glued to my Crafts”.  How long did you even investigate that?

@anna Alot of the people here aren’t pros. nor even close to being pros. Apart from a very very select few, most of them are quite bad for the level they boast themselves as and are just as unwilling to learn.

ArizonaGuy
    Participant

Anna, who here called themselves pros? I don’t think I’ve seen that at all.

The real issue that everyone here has is that there are too many people out there charging for photographic services when they clearly don’t know what they are doing yet. Your argument that everyone has to start somewhere is completely valid, however, you should never be anywhere near your starting point in photography when you begin taking clients. That is the big issue here.

edit to add that I agree with Soaring Turkeys on the point that most of the people in this topic doing the chiding and finger pointing are quite bad themselves.

fstopper89
    Participant

@lifeskills13- Were you saying the original photos from a template used by another photographer were photographed by dalyMoments, or was dalyMoments the one who stole an image? I’m confused. The link you posted comes up as unavailable for me. Who’s page is it? After reading the posts in this thread over a few times I’m guessing dalyMoments was the original one and that the other person stole it from her (which would make sense, since dalyMoments seems very professional and has a lot of beautiful images, and totally does not look like someone who’d steal an image)

HAHA! Ashley also has blocked me from her business page after also trying to help her. There are no words. I only got a little harsh with her at the end of my messages (I copied/pasted the entire message thread on a different thread on here, if anyone cares to read it). She is extremely unprofessional, made up excuses for everything such as “the lady at the college told me it wasn’t worth it [to take classes in photography]. and “I like my style and dont wanna change” etc. I could hardly get past her horrible spelling and grammar (She’s from Canada, possibly spoke French natively, though her misspellings and mistakes didn’t look like that of a French-speaking person, so who the heck knows). She said she’s been doing photography since 2009. It’s very apparent she will never be a good photographer if she’s still taking out-of-focus images and everything else.  I’m kind of sad I can’t see it anymore, my “favorite” was the huge, yellow, hairy pregnant belly photographed straight-on with flash and written in huge letters in black marker across her belly was “This is what happens when mommy wants a back rub.”

rosario
    Participant

On her page it says crafts and photography, if you would read that obnoxiously large water mark. She has actually taken down a lot of her picture albums and moved them to a blog somewhere. But she does charge upwards of 40+ dollars per “mini session”.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=362859180471217&set=pb.100256113398193.-2207520000.1354142812&type=3&theater

soaringturkeys
    Participant

BrownEyedGirl… you use premade Photoshop actions, over tilt and thought that there was a correlation between a cloudy day and iso. When we addressed any of those issues you just brushed it off as it being your own style. How is Ashley’s stubbornness any worse?

@Rosaria. My bad! I made a mistake lala was right 🙂

rosario
    Participant

The only thing that I have against her is that she is charging for photos when she isn’t at that stage yet. I have had friends have photos done by her and they were very displeased with the quality of the image. I think that before she starts to charge for something that she obviously enjoys doing, she should learn the basics of her camera. I think that she currently has lofty ambitions, but if honed properly she could probably pretty good.

She spends oodles of money on equipment, but not enough time learning how to use said equipment. I agree that everyone needs to start somewhere. But I also agree that you shouldn’t charge when you are still a beginner.

lifeskills13
    Participant

ok someone is changing their name because..messages arent adding up with replying back to someone lol

blueeyegirl- yes she was advertising sessions with that photographers images on the templates..someone must have said something because the image is gone plus the ads lol i won’t mention the name now that she dealt with the big issue 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.