Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum Wild Subjects

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MKO
    Participant

Earlier this year I was told by my aunt and mother that’d I’d be taking wedding pictures for my cousin’s sister in law since the wedding was on a minuscule budget. As a 19 year old that has only recently started photographing human subjects I was extremely worried. 18 days from the wedding, luckily (for me), her fiance bailed. Now after a booze fueled “Not so wedding party” she snapped a telephone pole in half and is currently on the run. Sad that she lost her lover, but either way her history suggested had they gotten married there would have been at least one fight at the reception.

So my question for all of you is have you ever had any “crazy” clients or gotten caught in a fight at an event?

cameraclicker
    Participant

So my question for all of you is have you ever had any “crazy” clients or gotten caught in a fight at an event?

Not so far.

picstop
    Participant

Bite your tongue 🙂 !
    I feel it’s ok to relay some information as I use an alias (to protect my clients, as if you couldn’t tell).
    I did have two weddings that did not make it to the altar. The first, as I was told, it was because he got frisky during the stag, one week before the wedding. Mom was begging her to take him back and refused to tell anyone the wedding was off. I only found out two days before by accident from a friend of hers, otherwise I probably would have shown up to mom’s house the morning of for photos only to find an empty house. I was not impressed. It was for the best as I think this was a case of mom thought the world of him but her daughter never really did (enough to marry him).
    The other I know nothing other than a sad but thoughtful email that told me they would not be getting married. She seemed like a nice girl and I only hope that no marriage was the best thing for her. I did have the feeling she was “dumped” though.
    So when people think of wedding photographers having a great time of it, we do have our sad side to it too. And yes, it does get to me at least. I’m still shocked at all the weddings I’ve done over so many years when I find a couple has divorced, with some of those who did not even making it the first year.
    Other than that, I do of course have a myriad of stories about funny/odd/interesting events on the day. No crazy/bridezlla/grumpy family/tipsy sort of stuff. At least not towards me. They always seem to like me and that’s a good thing. There have been grumpy family, brides told at the last minute that it wasn’t too late to back out by mom/dad, drastic tardiness (almost the norm) and so forth. One day I might write a book.

MKO
    Participant

Oh privacy is important, but seeing as this failed bride thought my aunt and I were going to be her slaves for an entire day  and is generally quite rude to my family I couldn’t care less about her ever seeing this. It is sad, though, to see so much effort and planning and happiness go to waste.

Wedding weirdness is all the fun of going to me. If you ever write that book be sure to let us know. It’d be a good read.

picstop
    Participant

MKO—It wasn’t so much a statement about you as it was my own preference regarding privacy. I am just careful as to never mention names. I always post online photos with password protected hosting sites and as for facebook, I am careful to select certain ones only.
    In any case, I’m sure after a while, most wedding photographers would be able to write volumes about the day. I don’t think any photographer has done a wedding season and not shaken his/her head (in private) at least a few times. As long as the bride and groom are happy though, all the quirky little things don’t matter though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.