Home Forums Photography Showcase Why Not….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sarah
    Participant

Hello my name is Sarah & years ago I used to be a faux haha. But who hasn’t tried some horrible editing technique at some point? Even the wedding photographer that I used to work for has done some horrible things to his images and hes very well known and liked in this area.

My most recent work is here: sarahashleyphotos.com/blog

Thoughts and opinions are welcome =)

cameraclicker
    Participant

Some quick thoughts:

I visited your page, and checked pricing for weddings.  On mouse-over of the link at the end of this line:  You can also book online here: http://virginiabeachweddingphotos.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59, the link goes white text on white background.  When I was doing a web page for our engineering group, I used to make links that were being worked on as future content do this, it was an effective way of having the link available for testing while keeping most people from choosing the link.  You might want to speak to your page designer.

In the next paragraph you have:   “Anyone can purchase a gift certificates here:”.  OK, I’m old.  I’m from a generation that likes good grammar and spelling.  It would read better if it said:  “Anyone can purchase gift certificates here:”, or “Anyone can purchase a gift certificate here:”.

While we are on this page, why does the first link say http://virginiabeachweddingphotos.com while the second link says http://www.sarahashleyphotos.com?

If care was not taken with your web page, how can I be sure as a customer, that you will take care with my photos?

Your studio photo is interesting.   I’m fascinated by your light modifiers and the left wall with what I presume are backdrops hanging on pegs.   The black backs keep light from spilling out the back of the umbrella but trap heat.  The shoot-through umbrella acts as a bigger light source than the bare strobe but does not provide much directionality.  You have light coloured, but not white walls, and a bunch of different coloured fabrics, all of which will reflect the light from your strobes back onto your subject while adding colour to the light.

Sarah
    Participant

Thanks for catching that mistake in the text. I will fix the link issue. Both web addresses are mine. The second website is simply for the purpose of booking online and to have a website deticated to weddings. I realize that it can get confusing and may decide to just keep them seperate. I understand your concern with the lights but I have not had any issues with any color casts. Trapping heat is no issue I assume because of the cooling fans inside my strobes. I have several light modifiers for diffrent effects: snoots, these umbrellas, barndoors, colored gels, reflectors

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.