Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum Why Do People Encourage Bad Photography?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Can anyone explain this one?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Royal-K-Photography/125534454172578

They are not bad enough to be on the front page, but I won’t rate them  much above average, yet they have 11,000 likes?

nesgran
    Participant

I didn’t think they were bad, just a bit meh. All the same poses etc with very little variation on the mug shots.

I can only assume they’ve bought those likes but looking at the curve they’ve been getting between 50 and 120 new likes a week for a long time.

cameraclicker
    Participant

I like the snakes.  If I “liked” the snakes, that would be another “like”.  The account has been there since Nov. 2011, so 2 1/2 years.  It seems pretty active.  Although I have an account, I am not a user of Facebook.  Are “likes” like Airmiles, can you turn in 1,000 “likes” and get a car wash?

iliketag
    Participant

Likes are mostly how people drum up “interest”. It helps “guage” things, according to people. I personally think it’s silly. I’d rather have 5 genuine likes on my page than 1,000 insincere ones. Another stupid guage is the “friends of friends”, as if that core number is going to drum up business. If I’m looking for a photographer, I don’t go to a friends’ page to see what photogs they like. I do my own research and ask friends who have had photos done or I go to groups. It’s an exposure thing but it shouldn’t be a barometer in which their success is measured – albeit a lot of them try to use it as such.

Cameraclicker, I wish they were like that! Some people use “Get 100 likes on this post/page and I’ll give _____ away!”. One of the League of Legends teams I’m a fan of does that with giving away character/skin codes for the game. Sharing and Liking the post qualifies you to win and when it reaches 100 likes, they pick someone at random.
    On a slightly unrelated, but strangely appropriate note: When I managed my Game Stop I gave my employees “brownie points” and when they reached 100, I made them brownies 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.