Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum Why didn't Jodi Arias take the card out of the camera?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Katie
    Participant

Was it because she didn’t think they wouldn’t be able to recover the photos? or just because she is nutty? Any theories?

Old news, I know,  but I don’t watch a lot of TV but I caught a special about her tonight.

(If you don’t know the story she took a bunch of photos, killed her boyfriend then threw the camera in the washer)

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

No idea what you are talking about here, but I’ve left flash cards in my pocket and then washed my jeans. The cards were fine. All files  readable and still using the card today.

cameraclicker
    Participant

I only know the little bit I read on Wikipedia.  There are many questions.  Why did the camera not go with the gun that has not been found?  Why did she allow the pictures to be taken?  How/Why did she make such a mess of her rental car if she did not move the body?

If it was not her camera she probably had no idea it had a card.

I have lots of cards.  I still have all the cards I purchased over the years.  They all still work.  Cards are tough.  Destruction of the card is the only way to ensure the data is gone.

Gerbles
    Participant

Sounds like she didn’t understand how digital cameras work.

Garrahmarie
    Participant

She and others identify her as a Photographer. My assumption is that she didn’t know that it could be recovered after she deleted certain photos and ran the camera through a cycle!

nesgran
    Participant
    Katie
    Participant

If I remember correctly…because I watched the lifetime movie, which was exaggerated followed by a real show about her…the pictures ended up being a big part of what convicted her (shows she was there and they had time stamps) although I think they would of gotten her either way.

Yes, as Garrahmarie said, she had wanted to be a photographer..so even though it wasn’t her camera, I’m sure she knew it had a card. I guess she thought deleting the pics and throwing it in water would be enough.

nesgran- That is amazing. You would think if anything would of killed it, it would be the salt-water

Manual Mode
    Participant

@Garrahmarie I guess it kind of depends on what your definition of Photographer is. I have friends that have a daughter that went through cooking vocational school in High School and refer to her constantly as a Chef. Maybe it was a loose definition 8)

Katie
    Participant

🙂 I think it was a loose definition. I don’t think Garrahmarie was saying she was professional photographer,  just pointing out that she was an aspiring photographer, to reply to the earlier comments that Arias may not have known camera basics or that the camera had a card, even though it was her BF’s camera. If she was as “into” photography as the show implied, she definitely knew that much.

Katie
    Participant

edit button is messed up. went to take the improper quotes out and it posted twice grr.

fstopper89
    Participant

She’s screwed up in the head, and par for the course with many psychopath murderers, she wanted to get caught. She couldn’t have been dumb enough to think it wasn’t possible to recover the images. It’s flash memory, come on. Everyone knows about putting electronics in a bag of rice when they get wet.

Garrahmarie
    Participant

Yeah I was not calling her a Photographer, I was saying she and others identified her as such. 🙂

Thom
    Participant

She is the definition of fauxtographer. Her images SUCKED bad. My guess is that it was to draw suspicion to herself. Two things come to mind that she could do (keep in mind, I don’t know digital cameras all that well) 1) erase SD card (which I’m told sometimes you can recover files still) 2) take out SD card and throw into shredder than incinerate. I think she genuinely wanted to keep those “precious” memories. She’s really psychotic and glad she wasn’t released.

GeekAndProud
    Participant

Spooky how she has the same last name as the pro photographer Zack

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.