Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum What have we become???

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    zades158
    Participant

I only posted on here once about someone who I thought was a fauxtog and for some reason the mean replies were directed towards me because I’m “new” even though I’ve been here a while, I just never posted before. I didn’t even say anything mean about the person. I thought this forum was for the fauxtogs, not to bully others? But when I’ve  been reading comments on this forum, I have noticed a lot of harsh and mean critics who think they’re all smart asses. And so I agree with Thomas, I’m no longer going to post here.

Bill
    Participant

Worst Case Scenario  –  I wouldn’t call you ugly, probably since I have no clue what you actually look like, LOL.

But if you were ugly, sure I would call you ugly, but in a tactful and defined way with no malice intended.  🙂

Bill
    Participant

Ebi – I share your thoughts, I respect anyone who has the balls to say it like it is.  But I think what gets lost is the context through text.  Just like it is hard to text sarcasm in any post.

I have seen some of your comments that are pretty much on the money,  a direct analysis, helpful insight and maybe a little banter.  But then some that sound as if someone pissed on your corn flakes.  :-{

ebi
    Participant

Calling someone an idiot isn’t malice? Or the liberal use of profanity? Go figure…

I wish you no ill will so, no, it is not malicious at all. It is, however, rude. But I honestly don’t give a fuck what you think.

ebi
    Participant

offer very valuable opinions and critiques when you aren’t calling people idiots.

I can do both. Sharra is being an idiot. She kind of just butted into a conversation that had some heat on it and thought she could take it over. Fuck that.

ebi
    Participant

@Bill, My first post was short, to the point, and very mild. I was called rude. So many of these people come in here and want you gently stroke their ego while whispering sweet nothings into their ear. Anything short of that is mean.

Thomas
    Participant

Hey bitches, I’m baaaaccckkk…

Of course I had to see what had become of this thread, plus the latest temptation of “Diarrhea Wall” was too much to bare (I do still enjoy REAL fauxtogs work). It’s refreshing to see that so many of you get where I’m coming from with this topic. I am not for one minute saying that genuine critique is a bad thing, if you ask for it you should expect it. Some of you have pretty much summed it up nicely here already.

Ebi, I don’t know you, will never meet you and I don’t wish to. I don’t care who you are, who you think you are, or how you act in real life. The fact of the matter is that you come across as a troll on this website (in my personal opinion) and that’s all that matters. Some of you don’t agree, some of you apparently do. We have all seen it here before, the guy who got a genuine critique and started attacking everyone. Names were called, swearing (cussing) ensued, and everyone turned against him. He wasn’t that bad a photographer but he came on here acting like a cock and that was all that mattered in the end. You don’t “say it like it is” at all. You’re personal opinions are not fact, they are just that, personal opinions. A critique is not the same as being a critic or a know it all. Honestly, the images that you comment on are not perfect, but they are far better than you make them out to be.

I would probably quite enjoy your contribution to this site if you targeted the aggressive opinions towards the actual Fauxtogs instead of the people here who are trying to really learn and improve. There are no 2 ways about it, you bully and intimidate people who ask for help, and those who give positive responses about it. Using the words “Saying it how it is”, is not an excuse for acting like a twat. And the “pity party” comment, well that just adds fuel to the fire doesn’t it. Any excuse to be a smart arse.

Good day sir, I’ll see you on the cover of Time Magazine when they announce you as Photographer of the millennium….

ebi
    Participant

See, I just don’t get where you think that i’m acting arrogant about any of this.

First off, I do not puff myself up to be some amazing photographer. I never have. Also, I don’t jump on people as some vendetta for a bad critique I’ve received. My critiques come through as thorough as I can make them. If I think someone has too much work to show, I tell them that. I will not critique a mess. Nor should anyone else. It’s a waste of time. The point of critique is not to tell people how to make art but to tell them what doesn’t work so they can solve the problem themselves. They need to learn how to problem solve. And being hands off is part of that.

I do not get aggressive until they get defensive b/c honestly if they are going to be whiney little bitches, then they deserve it. All critiques are personal opinions, LMFAO. Fortunately for me, most people agree with my analysis of someones work. I’ve never called an image anything other than what it is. I may sound like a smart ass. whatever, I don’t care. I’m not going to let someone else dictate my approach.

Sharra
    Participant

Ebi, I’m not sure where you got the idea I was trying to take over a conversation. My post was based on thinking you were being rude, which you have acknowledged here towards me and to others in other forums and posts. If I’m an idiot for that, there’s not much I can do to change your mind since you don’t care what I or anyone else thinks anyway. I’m not going to fight you over this, so if we agree to disagree, that’s fine with me, too.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.