Home Forums Photography Showcase What do you think?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    fstopper89
    Participant

I have a piece I did as my college photography class project, it’s a piece of black matboard with 30 small square images of all antique items I shot artistically. Even though some of the photos aren’t technically as good as I do now (mainly exposure and white balance issues) I still love the piece and it’s hanging in my room. I also occasionally make small prints of my still life and nature shots, and several are hanging from old wood clothespins strung on twine across the top of one wall in my room. I can switch out the photos often.

Last year I had four 8×8 “standout” prints made of shots from an abandoned house I got to go into, and since the colors and mood match my living room decor, they’re hanging in a line above the window. I love them. They cost a total of $100.

dstone81
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the input. I found some inspiration at a local museum. It is the Pertrolium Museum here. It really inspired me as I was driving by. I want to go out to the outskirts of town and do some pics with the Oil rigs. I also found an old barn and Silo that inspired me. I will post the finished product here and see what ya’ll think. I plan to go this weekend.

ManualMode
    Participant

Just keeping it real, your photos are almost all out of focus and were shot in bad light. If people want to buy prints, I would suggest going through the process of ordering a canvas wrap or something and charging them a bit extra for your effort.. but that’s about it.

IHF
    Participant

Manual, it’s not that I disagree with you at all, but…

in this case it doesn’t matter what we think of her photography.  If she has had several requests for prints from people who want to display them in their home, then she should take them up on it.  It’s pretty rare to have that happen right out of the gate when people aren’t your subjects, and you aren’t actively  marketing at all.  Usually what I get when I show people what I do is “ooh ahhhh!  Beautiful!  will you take our family pictures?” lmbo. she’ll learn a lot from the process as well.

dstone81
    Participant

Thanks you guys for the input. I know I still need a lot of work. I am still learning and I want to take classes to learn everything I can. I know I need a better camera also but in the mean time I will just stick with the camera that I have and learn everything I can with it using the manual controls and learning and perfecting the basics with what I have.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.