Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Website feedback

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cconti
    Participant

Hey I was wondering if I could get feedback on my portfolio and make sure I’m not considered a “fauxtog”

http://www.ccontiphotography.com

Thanks

cconti
    Participant

Anyone?

Trainwreck
    Participant

Hi cconti!

It is with great regret that I feel it is my duty to inform you that in my opinion you cannot be considered a fauxtographer.

I apologize for being the one to dash your hopes and dreams. I have faith that you will eventually be able to attain the Coveted Label in the future.

I really like your stuff cconti. Very well done.

cameraclicker
    Participant

Anyone?

This is a best effort sort of thing, and we have relatives visiting from HK, so I have a little time mornings and evenings, but I probably won’t be paying attention for long periods during most days.  Sorry.

I think I saw a selective colour shot, or two.  There is also one or two with suspect focus.  But, I didn’t see anything that looked like it belonged on the front page here.  It looks like you know what you are doing, and also that you have some pretty cool customers.  Well done!

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

I’d say your pictures are fine. If you want, we could pull each one apart. But that’s true of any picture.

You’ve titled this thread website feedback, so here’s my opinion of it.

It works well and navigates easily, but many of the pics don’t fit layout.

The first pic, girl with umbrella looks to tight, the second pic guy with sunglasses look awful as the menu bar goes right through his eyes.

In fact the menu bar wrecks a lot of the pics.

Some of your pics don’t seem sharp enough for such a large display area.

But my main concern is that you seem to have only  “life style” content. This is usually one of a selection of services offered. I can’t help wondering if it’s too niche a market?

cameraclicker
    Participant

The first pic, girl with umbrella looks to tight, the second pic guy with sunglasses look awful as the menu bar goes right through his eyes.

In fact the menu bar wrecks a lot of the pics.

I didn’t notice this last night.  Playing with the page a little today I see it doesn’t always size the photos properly.  Sometimes the photo fits in the space available and sometimes it fills the entire monitor top to bottom, so parts are covered.

emf
    Participant

I just have a couple of issues;

Firstly the selective colour. Personally I don’t like it at all, but that’s subjective and besides the point, but here it seems very random and unconsidered. For example, in one image a lone weight in the b/g is red, in another her shoelaces. If it’s going to be used it should be used to emphasis the most important part of the image that you wish to draw our attention to. Her shoelace isn’t important, unless it’s an advert for shoelaces :). I got the impression you were asked to do selective colour as red seems to be part of the gyms branding? If they wanted that then that’s another issue, but still I would say be more careful with what is colour selected.

Another issue, is not with your images but with your ‘about me’, which, and I’m not trying to be mean, but sounds like a lonely hearts advert more than a professional profile.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.