Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum Wanna see serious Fauxtographers?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    cameraclicker
    Participant

I think you have to be a member to see the naked ladies.  Everyone was dressed or the image was covered by a content warning.  It is work safe for anyone who stumbles upon it.  It looks like everyone is from the UK.  Some of the comments to models were interesting but Model Mayhem has members that seem more local to me.

That was a funny post, after is as “bad” as “before”, just different.

ads
    Participant

Anything on this girls flickr page…tons of selective colour, orange babies with their faces planted in blankets and some AWESOME “frame” jobs…just love the descriptions she adds too!   http://www.flickr.com/photos/alessaspics/

dstone81
    Participant

I know I am coming to this post a lil late but Cameraclicker- I liked the second link you posted and I found myself thinking to myself that I do a lot of those. LOL. Especially the ones about the neighbor kids and the one about family events. Oh and the one about going through a rough part of town and seeing it as a good spot for a session because of the gaffiti. And doing an illegal U-turn to go back to take a picture.

photofriend
    Participant

Here’s some fun. This person started as a “photographer” at Sears and decided to become independent. https://www.facebook.com/BethsPortraits/photos_stream

scee
    Participant

There is just no accounting for taste.  People pay literally millions for bad art at auctions every year…it’s no wonder that people will pay dollars for Fauxtography junk.  Look at the selfies people take of themselves in front of their toilets and post on facebook…not to mention the thousands of facebook albums dedicated to “sexy” selfies taken in the car while driving.  Just pity them, and go after the clients with taste.

totemononsense
    Participant

I am a new military spouse, though I have had a long time interest in photography. I started studying in 2007 when I was in college in Japan and bought my first dSLR. Fast forward 6 years later and I am still not 100% comfortable charging for my photos. I see so many military spouse “fauxtographers” that it is honestly disheartening as someone who wants to build my portfolio and learn more every day. I know I am not a professional, yet, but I hope to get there someday. It is definitely hard to build a clientele when you have bored housewives with a P&S and Paint Shop Pro who charge practically nothing for a session.

PJ99212
    Participant

So THAT’S what I’m fighting! Military spouses. We have an A.F. base near here and there are a ton of $40hr sessions offered.

Like this one: https://www.facebook.com/ccphotography90

Katie
    Participant

Good gawd, most of those pictures weren’t even in focus!

Lemmilex
    Participant
    dont.care
    Participant

I guess that peggy doesn’t know you’re not suppose to get close to peoples faces with wide focal lengths

dont.care
    Participant

haha.. least she has a prolab !

dont.care
    Participant
    dont.care
    Participant
    dont.care
    Participant
    nesgran
    Participant

I don’t think she is too fauxy, just not a good photographer. Sure, there’s some warning bells ringing like having a cover photo of a rebel with a kit lens and not realising wide angle lesnse shouldn’t be used for shooting someone close up but at least she is paying taxes and some of her shots aren’t too bad. I wouldn’t want anyone to hire her for a wedding but she is honest she wants to build her skills and charge a bit excessively for I think ($100/hr)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.