Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Vary New to Photography…But I welcome constructive criticism

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    ebi
    Participant

correction: these aren’t my own standards, they are industry standards that I have also learned over time. Just because my standards are higher than your typical portrait photographer, doesn’t make them any less valid. If you are looking for a “good enough” point, you shouldn’t be a photographer.

IHF
    Participant

I just have to say, it’s been bothering me all day that I typed “Heart and sole” instead of heart and soul.  I tried not to let it bother me, I tried to just laugh at myself and brush it off, but considering this thread contained a lot of discussion about grammar spelling, and the written word I have felt a little OCD over it.  I apologize to every other person out there that was subjected to my eye sore.  Not once but twice lol

and ebi, I have to admit you have at times made me cringe a little, but… in all fairness, I dont think you have ever said anything (other than the “last word” statement above) that I wasn’t already thinking myself and trying to come up with a less harsh way of saying it.  I find your commentary/comments entertaining, accurate, honest and kind of refreshing.  (confession:  If I see you have posted a reply, I get excited to click and read)  I think you, along with other voices here, provide a good balance to any criticism provided.  lol don’t let it all go to your head though, I’m just a peon over here, and I’ve been called a douche, dirtbag, dickhead, asshole etc etc many many times myself, so we are guilty of the same offense.  I call it,  giving my first honest reaction or opinion without filtering.  Other people might call it something else entirely 😉

emf
    Participant

@ Ebi,

I don’t think you’re the bad guy. I’ve said already you have offered great crits and I have been learning from them. You’re right, my issue has only ever been with the way you talk to people. I haven’t meant to come here as a newcomer and continually crit your crit’s as it were. That’s not why I’m here, but some of your comments just really needle me. I’m sorry but I can’t help it.

I realise others think differently but I stand by the fact that to my mind, the OP came back to apologise, and it got under my skin that you jumped on her. I don’t kiss anyone’s ass, I just don’t like to see people being treated badly. You have your opinions and I have mine and I guess we’ll never agree. So maybe agree to disagree. When you talk photography, trust me, I’m all ears and HAVE learnt a lot. When you name call and are unnecessarily mean, I just don’t like it – and my personality is that I have to say something.

I will try to stand back from this though, as it isn’t why I’m here, and to be honest, I’m tired of it. I came here to improve my photography and learn. That’s all, everything else is just bullshit. Btw, this isn’t about getting the last word, I really don’t care about that, I just wanted to respond.

@ IHF, Thank you for correcting the ‘sole’…it did make me smile though.

ebi
    Participant

@IHF, I assumed you were talking about your dinner 😉

@EMF
    , continue to keep telling me how you feel. I don’t like agreeing to disagree. That’s just a polite way to end an argument when you aren’t getting anywhere. Instead, lets try to get somewhere.

Also I don’t really think you want to have the last word. My comment on that was fueled by anger and was not appropriate to the situation.

emf
    Participant

@EMF, continue to keep telling me how you feel. I don’t like agreeing to disagree. That’s just a polite way to end an argument when you aren’t getting anywhere. Instead, lets try to get somewhere.

Ok 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.