Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? This will be fun! :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    graecyn
    Participant

While I am still learning, I’ve been studying photography for almost 2 years now, and only just started really building a portfolio. I’d welcome critique from the more experienced! All of my photos are taken with a Nikon D7000 and a  55-200mm lens. Gear I’m hoping to add as I can afford to (I’m not charging for photos while I build my portfolio) includes the 50mm f/1.4 prime and the 70-200mm silver tuna. 😛

http://www.littlelamplight.com

dicksforeyes
    Participant

Not bad compared to a lot of what we get here. Although it’s weird that you already have an entire site developed.

The first thing I see is that your processing is really contrasty. It’s causing skin to look gross. The pores are jumping out. And I think you’re probably sharpening at too high a radius, which makes it worse. A prime lens will make sharpening less necessary, and more effective at a smaller radius.

graecyn
    Participant

Yeah you’re probably right – I’ll have to tone it down in the future. Hah.

And – I’m a web developer professionally. I pretty much websites for everything. 😛

lifeisamazing
    Participant

I like you sight, it is very clean and nicely organized.

Katie
    Participant

I don’t have more experience, but I enjoyed your photos..they definitely won’t be showing up on YANAP 😉

lovethissite
    Participant

Nice website

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.