Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? The question had to be asked..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    raymie
    Participant

Am I fauxtographer?

I have only been shooting close to a year, do not consider myself a pro and I don’t charge for my work nor will I in the future because as far as I am concerned photography is my number one source of stress relief so I am always only going to do it as a hobby, however I do want to become good at it.

I guess I am just looking to see if people think I have the eye for it and can give me some tips so I can improve.

You can view my work here ;

http://www.raymiesherringphotography.com

cameraclicker
    Participant

Really like the zebras and Connie!

You can’t be a fauxtographer if you are not charging for weddings or portraits.  Your photo of the boy suggests you would not be, regardless.

raymie
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

The boy is my nephew and was taken while I was candidly shooting away one Christmas day, I just really liked the photo because I like to think I nailed the DOF in it.

I guess I was just more looking for critique on my images and what I can do to improve.

cameraclicker
    Participant

When shooting propeller driven planes, try to shoot at slightly slower shutter speeds so the propeller(s) blur a little or a lot, to taste.  Perfectly frozen propellers make it look like the engines are not running.

You have shots from bright day through dark night and exposure looks good.  Shooting planes from below can be a challenge to achieve good exposure and you seem to have worked that out.

Shoot lots, shoot more…  Doin’ great.

raymie
    Participant

Thanks so much. Exposure is one of the things I tend to worry about a lot, so for someone to say that my exposures look good makes me think I am doing something right!

I will shoot lots more, I love it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.