Home Forums Let’s Talk Photography Shooting For Free

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

This is priceless. It’s an ad run on Craigslist followed by a response from a photographer:

cameraclicker
    Participant

Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.  Does it cost anything to post on Craig’s List?

The solar company ad doesn’t say anything about the solar company using the photos.  Based on the ad, the photographer could take the photos and not give them to the solar company.

The photographer’s pitch is pretty good.  It’s also used frequently, usually to get a discount rather than free work.  I can’t count the number of times some salesman has been looking for a discount for a customer because they are trying to get a foot in some door and want to provide a product for less than cost, while claiming they will make it up on future business with that customer.   It seldom works that way though.

MicheyMoore
    Participant

That is weird. People shoot for free for those who they know but this is just as I said weird. My brothers friend owns an event management company, Superior Events http://www.superiorevents.ca so we got good, smart event planners for free. But otherwise I don’t know why someone would want to shoot for free.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.