Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum seriously …

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by IHF.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rpg Valentine
    Participant

This clown should put his money into learning photography , instead of buying all those likes.

https://www.facebook.com/talentpic

Bill
    Participant

I think that the “like ladders” and the whole “like” scheme has really discredited facebook as any kind of valuable source of review or background info. It’s like those reviews for products where they filter out any of the negative comments or reviews. How can you put stock into anything if it is not a true reflection of your work?

I have 42 likes on my page, and I am fine with that. Out of that, I am sure there is a few that know me and are just being supportive.
    The way I look at people’s facebook page is that, if you have to buy “likes” you are truly misrepresenting yourself from the get go. Not sure if these people feel that they are fooling anyone or they are just fooling themselves.
    Now, if there were features that facebook offered at a particular level of likes, I can’t fault someone for buying a few likes to unlock those features, but beyond that, your not fooling anyone.

IHF
    Participant

I kind of feel sorry for people who buy likes. I just know I’d feel horrible about it, if I felt the need to. It doesn’t really get them anywhere either, they still only have a few legit likes to build from just like everyone else, only they are out of some money, and their time spent on something meaningless and useless.
    I also don’t like when people solicit votes for photo contests or what have you.
    lol when I see people do that I go to the contest and vote for the image/images I think should win, and it’s rarely the person who actually asked me to vote. I once entered a contest and linked to it asking for people to vote, and everyone came back asking “which one is your picture, so I can vote for it?”. No, I want you to vote for your favorite image, the one you feel should win. Crazy! I know! But, I don’t want to win because “Hey! I’m popular and have a great group of friends!”, I want to win on merit, and merit alone. “I won because my photograph is bad ass!” That, I could be proud of, THAT would be winning.
    And this folks, is why I’m invisible in the photography world lol. I refuse to play the game.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.