Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum Scary new breed of fauxtographers.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    fstopper89
    Participant

I read some into his pages and he comes of as an arrogant jerk who doesn’t care about etiquette or others’ feelings, and has posted things to try to make the firefighters, police, and real media out to be in the wrong. After he posted the identifying photos from that fatal accident very shortly after it happened, there was a lot of backlash. One of the local fire departments publicly apologized for the photos reaching the internet though they didn’t have anything to do with it, and some of the firefighters had posted that they’ve dealt with the guy before and he’d been disrespectful to them. People don’t have to look at them, but when photos of an accident are made public that quickly when there is a covered body nearby, it’s going to anger people.

cameraclicker
    Participant
    stef
    Participant

Yeah, although photographers often do take gory pictures, the editors decide whether or not to publish them based on local mores. This guy has no editor, and probably has trouble running his mouth, too, if he’s pissing off firemen.

There were many gory pictures of boston, but the editors thought about how it portrayed actual news.

abville82
    Participant

honestly i don’t see anything wrong with his work.

PJ99212
    Participant

We Americans are so used to seeing sanitized photos in the news. You should see what is printed in other countries, it can be brutal to look at.

I was a longtime PJ, covered my share of death and destruction, and sometimes I really wanted to print graphic photos just so people could see how ugly death can be. Especially teens, a good dose of reality might make them think twice.

fstopper89
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/IncidentResponseWI

I’m soooo pissed now! He copied and re-uploaded my image and it’s all over his freaking phony page! Unfortunately, the firefighter in this picture knows him in some way. I did sent him a message asking if he authorized the guy to upload the photo, and that while normally I wouldn’t make a big deal about it, Asher does have a personal vendetta against me since I messaged him about his use of graphic photos. I have NO doubt that’s why he stole this image. I told him Asher could share the image directly from the firefighter’s FB page or from my photography page but it is copyright infringement by re-uploading it when he does not have permission to. I clicked on the “it’s my intellectual property” button but honestly it’s a big ridiculous process for me to report that.

ehibbard1
    Participant

I find this extremely unsettling, mostly because I work for the Greenfield Police Department which is only minutes away from 92nd and Beloit.  This should not be happening, as the above said, because he is posting these images minutes after the accidents when family hasn’t even been notified.  If he were to wait until news and media arrives, it would just be another sick photographic journalist type situation.

fstopper89
    Participant

Well, after I threatened him about taking legal action for uploading my image, he did take it down (after blocking me from another of his pages). he then “shared” it from my photography page. I don’t like that it’s there, but legally, he can do that.

He clearly has issues. And somehow gets off on the negative attention.

iliketag
    Participant

One of the families, one of these days, is going to beat him senseless and break his camera. Personally, I hope it’s sooner rather than later.

fstopper89
    Participant

He posted on one of his pages the other day that he had to go to the hospital from injuries sustained when he was physically assaulted the night before or something like that. I feel guilty for thinking this, but “karma” came to mind. It makes me wonder what he did to get assaulted.

If his camera breaks, he’ll just use his “donation” money to get a new one. He openly solicits for donations to help him pay for his websites and new camera gear. Actually, I think that might be illegal for someone who isn’t registered as a non-profit organization. I would be quite surprised if anyone actually has given him money for that.

jrob
    Participant

Have you seen his new “badge”?  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=454068974670519&set=a.349644398446311.83076.327972200613531&type=1&theater

Seems misleading to me.  Maybe the county attorney should go after him under Wisc. Stat 946.70.

iliketag
    Participant

It’s probably very mean of me to think this… but I’m kinda glad he got his ass handed to him. Now if only it would scare him away… This is such poor taste and just outright despicable.

fstopper89
    Participant

I wish I could “like” what you posted on his badge photo, but I have been blocked from commenting or liking anything on his page since I commented on the photo of the dead woman’s blood/tissue on a street awhile back. He’ll delete your comment and block you. He does it for everything he doesn’t like.

But yes, I agree with your comment. His outfits and badges already are misleading. The neon yellow vests that say ‘INCIDENT RESPONSE” make anyone believe he’s an official. He had photos of him “on assignment” recently where he was just standing on a highway next to one of those radar speed checker things, in the neon yellow vest, with a camera. How many motorists do you think slowed down, thinking he was a cop going to radio their speeds to another cop? Awhile back a firefighter had commented on one of his badge photos that he’s not supposed to have the “maltese cross” on his badge if he is not a firefighter. He had some excuse like “Oh it’s just to show support for firefighters” or some BS. I wonder how soon it’ll be until he buys a flashing red light to put on his dashboard and starts pulling people over… I’m serious. He’s the type who will do that.

iliketag
    Participant

So, if we start calling the police from out of state about concerns, do you think someone will finally prosecute him? Because I will call it in in a heartbeat!

PhotoDon
    Participant

The badge definitely crosses the line. And, Browneyedgirl, I posted a comment on the picture asking if he had permission to use it. I’ll probably get added to his block list.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.