Home Forums Photography Showcase Recent Work. Critics, please!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    braixenlayne
    Participant

He’s some photos from my most recent sessions. All sessions were done for free so I could get more experience.  What do you guys think?

Please be honest, not rude.

Thank you!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128940558@N05/

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

The colour shot of the guy with the rifle, what’s it all about? If it’s a portrait, you can’t see his face. If it’s meant to tell a story? I have know idea what it is. It’s got a very strange focus. It may be down to the resolution of the upload, but it seems to have a weird blur about his back side? The B/W version just doesn’t work on any level.

The Blonde girl is a nice shot, but the angle doesn’t work.

The other girl has awkward poses, and her skin looks over smoothed, apart from her nose? Again, it might be the resolution.

Nothing here has any WOW factor, but they are not awful either.

vladkievzz
    Participant

pls check my last

портрет

emf
    Participant

Vlad I think you just crashed someone elses thread 🙂 Anyway, I won’t comment on the technical side as you are a million years ahead of me! But I just wanted to point out a couple of things. Firstly your website was a little frustrating as once you click on the ‘thumbnail’, expecting an enlarged image, you actually get a smaller one!

Secondly, the thing I noticed the most is; your portraits are almost really nice, interesting light, sharp (I think, was hard to tell as I couldn’t really enlarge them), nice posing and great expressions!! But the compositions are very static and not very dynamic. They are all very similar and because of this similarity I felt I was going through a series of passport photos, (albeit lovely ones) and thus got a bit bored.

With a little consideration to making the comps of these more dynamic and thinking more about negative space and other compositional tools you can apply and mixing them up a little to keep the viewer visually stimulated, I think you will have a great set of portraits.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.